Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Measurement workshop in Atlanta next month

<< < (2/5) > >>

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on January 21, 2011, 06:02:44 PM ---It is the audio business after all.  We are in it for the love-not the money.

I just put that part in for people to realize this is a not for profit type of thing and is something we are doing to "give back" to some of the community and share ideas and hopefully "raise the bar" a small notch.

Now if I can just figure out what exactly what I am going to talk about :-\

--- End quote ---

Ivan -

How about demonstrating the effects of changing window sizes in windowed measurements?

David B Little:
Ivan - Glad to see the ATL chapter is active again. Years ago I dropped my AES membership because there seemed to be no activities in ATL and the Nashville chapter did not support ANY live audio whatsoever.
David

Rasmus Rosenberg:
Hey Ivan,
Would it be possible to Stream it? Even a simple Skype connection would proberly do it. Would love to go if it was not on the other side of the planet... or at least the pond.
mvh
Rasmus

chuck clark:
First let me say thanks for giving back and not charging big bucks for this, although you may change your tune in the future! Haha!
What I would like is for someone to concentrate on sorting out the digital skullduggery. I've been doing audio for 29 yrs. and I understand gain and ins and outs and how delay and arrival time differences can affect phase and how reflections can cause cancellation and I just need someone to help me get through the frustration fest of trying to get the digital stuff sorted out. Sheesh! Whats a dodec? I haven't needed any "baloons" lately. Now I do? What the...??? If someone could give a course on SMART and not have it digress in to a remedial school on acoustics, that would be nice. The laws of physics have not changed for a very long time and their are many wonderful books on acoustics and wave propagation but the digital user unfriendliness sometimes seems as endless as trying to find the edge of the universe! (end old soundman dinosaur rant)
HELP!
THANK YOU, Chuck.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Rasmus Rosenberg on January 25, 2011, 02:44:20 PM ---Hey Ivan,
Would it be possible to Stream it? Even a simple Skype connection would proberly do it. Would love to go if it was not on the other side of the planet... or at least the pond.
mvh
Rasmus

--- End quote ---
That would be up to the AES guys.  I have nothing to do with that part of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version