ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audix I5  (Read 7200 times)

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: Audix I5
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »

I typically use Beta 57's on snare, but the one time I used an i5 I thought it sounded good, and I'd definitely use one again if I had the opportunity.  I'll probably pick one up someday, but it just hasn't been a priority yet.

I have a D1, and I personally feel that it's the worst sounding mic I own.  On anything.  I haven't used it in years because I've never, ever been happy with the way it sounds.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for any application, but that's just my take on things.  I love my D2's and D4's on toms though, so I'm definitely an Audix fan, it's just that D1 that I absolutely hate...
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »

I5: Too big and heavy.  D series, ADX20 series, M12 series, E604/904.

GregBass

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 09:06:56 am »

Lately it's been an i5 or ATM650. Usually the ATM650 on snare, ADX20 on toms, D6 in da kick.

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 11:18:40 am »

I have a D1, and I personally feel that it's the worst sounding mic I own.  On anything.  I haven't used it in years because I've never, ever been happy with the way it sounds.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for any application, but that's just my take on things.

That's the first time I've ever heard negative criticism of the D1. What is it you don't like about it? I've never had issues getting snare body or crack out of one unless the snare drum itself was in poor shape.

Greg
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Alan Sledzieski

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 05:49:54 pm »

Hey Friends,

I was wondering how may of you use the Audix I5 for snare and are you happy with it.

I usually use a Shure 57 or an Audix D1 but I want to try something elso out on snare without breaking the bank and also something that can take a hit and not break into a million pieces.

Thanks again and hope your festival  season is busy.

Patrick
www.jurysout.com

E 604, 57, I5  in that order.  I've tried the i5 about 5 times, not liking it, at least not on the 2 bands I do sound for regularly. Its the thinest sounding of the 3.  I'll use a pg56 over the i5.
The e 604 is a great little mic for a $100

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 05:49:54 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.