ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gooseneck Microphone with light for reading  (Read 2234 times)

Lee Richard

Gooseneck Microphone with light for reading
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:37:07 AM »

I've run into this problem quite a bit over the years and I've always wondered why there aren't any products like this. LED's on the bottom side of the mic capsule for the dork standing there. I've had many "event planners" run out at the last minute to a dollar store to find something for the nervous business guy making his first speech to a crowd bigger than 6 people, and wants his TPS Report joke to really shine. With the tech today, there must be a way to do it without getting a hum or buzz. Even something with a couple batteries in the base with a switch. Ideally, something adjustable so you don't have the dude sticking the mic straight up to see his paper. Or has someone come up with this and I'm just out of touch with search queries?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Gooseneck Microphone with light for reading
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:35:46 AM »

I've run into this problem quite a bit over the years and I've always wondered why there aren't any products like this. LED's on the bottom side of the mic capsule for the dork standing there. I've had many "event planners" run out at the last minute to a dollar store to find something for the nervous business guy making his first speech to a crowd bigger than 6 people, and wants his TPS Report joke to really shine. With the tech today, there must be a way to do it without getting a hum or buzz. Even something with a couple batteries in the base with a switch. Ideally, something adjustable so you don't have the dude sticking the mic straight up to see his paper. Or has someone come up with this and I'm just out of touch with search queries?

Or it might be easier to find a gooseneck light (like the Littl Lights) and add a Countryman B6.  Any placement that allows the light to fall on the script would put the mic near the presenter.

Most pre-fab lecterns have reading lights.  The planner needs to get the electrician to run power to  it... oh, wait, the planner didn't like the look of cords running to the lectern... NM.

Have fun, etc.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Gooseneck Microphone with light for reading
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 05:44:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.