Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

latency

(1/3) > >>

luis Markson:
I'm wanting to use the pres in my RME fireface for a fudged togeather "money channel" - just bought an RNC too.

When the pres are directly routed to the the outputs there is a .4ms latency caused by the AD/DA. Would this be enough to put you off using it?

Bob Leonard:
You'll not notice any issues until you see a 6ms delay or greater. You won't hear a .4ms delay and it won't effect the vocalist. In all actuality .4ms is about as good as A/D conversion get's.

luis Markson:

--- Quote from: Bob Leonard on July 01, 2011, 12:34:31 AM ---You'll not notice any issues until you see a 6ms delay or greater. You won't hear a .4ms delay and it won't effect the vocalist. In all actuality .4ms is about as good as A/D conversion get's.

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought. Just making sure... Thanks.

David Parker:
speaking of latency, when I first switched to a digital mixer, all the rest of my system was unchanged, and it appeared that monitor feedback issues got better. Is it possible that the slight latency, which is a delay, helps with feedback? Or was it just that the onboard digital EQ's on my monitor sends did a better job with feedback frequencies?

luis Markson:

--- Quote from: David Parker on July 01, 2011, 08:41:21 AM ---speaking of latency, when I first switched to a digital mixer, all the rest of my system was unchanged, and it appeared that monitor feedback issues got better. Is it possible that the slight latency, which is a delay, helps with feedback? Or was it just that the onboard digital EQ's on my monitor sends did a better job with feedback frequencies?

--- End quote ---

Maybe your ability to provide clarity reduced need for high levels?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version