Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

help! major RF and noise on guitar rigs

(1/3) > >>

Keith Broughton:
We are working a festival at a new location in downtown Toronto and the guitar rigs are getting stomped on by some serious RF and noise.
We usually get a bit of the local multi cultural radio but the "hash" noise is something new.
Tried running power from the genny instead of "shore" but no difference.(Hail Mary pass...)
Also wrapped guitar cables around ferrite discs with some success.
I have never experienced this drastic a problem!
Any suggestions as to some way to address this issue would be most welcome.
Even Voodoo   :)

g'bye, Dick Rees:

--- Quote from: keith broughton on June 28, 2011, 11:48:18 AM ---We are working a festival at a new location in downtown Toronto and the guitar rigs are getting stomped on by some serious RF and noise.
We usually get a bit of the local multi cultural radio but the "hash" noise is something new.
Tried running power from the genny instead of "shore" but no difference.(Hail Mary pass...)

--- End quote ---

If it's the guitar rigs, then maybe it's the guitars.  Pickups?????

Chris Hindle:

--- Quote from: keith broughton on June 28, 2011, 11:48:18 AM ---We are working a festival at a new location in downtown Toronto and the guitar rigs are getting stomped on by some serious RF and noise.

--- End quote ---
Ask Toronto Island Airport to turn off the RADAR ??
Hey, I never said it would be a good idea.....

paul bell:
Toss a passive DI on the guitar out.

Brad Ferguson:

--- End quote ---

Hi Keith!

Where in Toronto is the site?
Is it happening on all the guitar setups? Only some? Basses too? When the guitar is unplugged does the noise go away?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version