ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: His desire might have went to far..  (Read 2670 times)

Corbin Prosche

His desire might have went to far..
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:28 pm »

Went to a potential client's house tonight. Followed him downstairs into his basement, into the back room where I saw the largest PM4000 I think I've ever seen before. He had three 16 space racks full of outboard gear with three Alesis ADAT's hooked up to this 4K. I asked him how he got the console down the tight steps. Carefully he said. He's finally interested in selling the 4K (which he is the second owner), but when I told him the best we could get for him was $4-6500 he bout had a heart attack. He went into the whole conversation that he paid over ten times that ten years ago.

Wondering if I was right on the prices. Or was that to much? 4K's just don't bring in the money, on top of that it's hard to find a buyer.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: His desire might have went to far..
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:35 am »

Went to a potential client's house tonight. Followed him downstairs into his basement, into the back room where I saw the largest PM4000 I think I've ever seen before. He had three 16 space racks full of outboard gear with three Alesis ADAT's hooked up to this 4K. I asked him how he got the console down the tight steps. Carefully he said. He's finally interested in selling the 4K (which he is the second owner), but when I told him the best we could get for him was $4-6500 he bout had a heart attack. He went into the whole conversation that he paid over ten times that ten years ago.

Wondering if I was right on the prices. Or was that to much? 4K's just don't bring in the money, on top of that it's hard to find a buyer.

$6,500-$8,000, depending on frame size and ratio of mono/stereo input modules.  On the high end it will need to include a case and 2 PSUs.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Corbin Prosche

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »

48m/4st. He did purchase a case for it. Said he used it as a touring console when he was a FOH engineer. Now he sits in his basement and just mixes the tracks of artists he used to work for.

Brad Ferguson

• Brad Ferguson
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:18 pm »

48m/4st. He did purchase a case for it. Said he used it as a touring console when he was a FOH engineer. Now he sits in his basement and just mixes the tracks of artists he used to work for.

I believe one up here in Toronto that is the same number of channels, two power supplies w/ switcher, road case, and in ABSOLUTE MINT condition (spent the last few years in storage and only one year in use in a theatre installation) went for $10,000 CDN.
Brad Ferguson
Tour Manager, Sound Engineer
http://www.bradferguson.ca

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:18 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.