ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Clair Array System  (Read 14738 times)

Ben Coleman

New Clair Array System
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »

My apologies for the last post which was locked due to an oversight on my profile!

Went to see the Motley Crue/Poison Tour two weeks ago. The Clair arrays looked like the classic Prism point-source system, yet the grills on the front looked like the new i5,i4 grills, and the boxes looked brand spankin new.

Any ideas on this system or heard much about what this might be?

-Ben

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: New Clair Array System
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 03:54:38 PM »

My apologies for the last post which was locked due to an oversight on my profile!

Went to see the Motley Crue/Poison Tour two weeks ago. The Clair arrays looked like the classic Prism point-source system, yet the grills on the front looked like the new i5,i4 grills, and the boxes looked brand spankin new.

Any ideas on this system or heard much about what this might be?

-Ben

Prism IIa or Prism III(?).  The Prism II has been out in limited quantities for a couple of years.  There are die-hard Prism fans out there, so I'm sure Clair kept the line for those BEs that prefer them.

Perhaps one of the Clair guys can say for sure.  I had some inside info, but it's both dated and confidential.  Based on that, though, I think you saw the new generation of Prism, which has been openly discussed since Clair bought ShowCo.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Paul Walters

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »

Prism IIa or Prism III(?).  The Prism II has been out in limited quantities for a couple of years.  There are die-hard Prism fans out there, so I'm sure Clair kept the line for those BEs that prefer them.

Perhaps one of the Clair guys can say for sure.  I had some inside info, but it's both dated and confidential.  Based on that, though, I think you saw the new generation of Prism, which has been openly discussed since Clair bought ShowCo.
I'm working their Nashville show, so I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Corbin Prosche

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »

Prism was (and still is in my mind) the best damn point source array out there..

Rex Ray

• Clair Global
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »

Prism was (and still is in my mind) the best damn point source array out there..
It's the new Vision system.
Rex ray
Sr. Engineer,Clair Nashville

Desmond Lee

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »

Got a photo?

Corbin Prosche

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »

Is it just the same box with all new guts or is Clair going to be like Showco and keep it all secret?

Brad Ferguson

• Brad Ferguson
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »

Got a photo?

In Toronto today (friend was on the local crew):

Brad Ferguson
Tour Manager, Sound Engineer
http://www.bradferguson.ca

David Buehler

• db Production Services LLC
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »

Is it just the same box with all new guts or is Clair going to be like Showco and keep it all secret?

I spent a few hours talking with both Harry Witz and Andy Meyers about this rig, on the 3rd show it had been out on, a few weeks ago. It is a one of a kind rig (though a few more might be built), and takes into account many of the things Harry believes makes a good rig, including that line arrays aren't the best tool for every job, so this was designed to fit a different need/role/purpose. I was quite shocked with the output and sonic quality this rig had, and the way it's setup.

The guts will probably be a secret for a while, as I dont see it being widely publicized for a while. FWIW, the rig will have black grill covers once the tour's over, the band bought the white grills for the tour.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:29:34 PM by David Buehler »
David Buehler
Owner
db Production Services LLC

Audio - Video - Staging & Roofs - Crewing - Production Management & Design

Jon Waller

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

I was quite shocked with the output and sonic quality this rig had, and the way it's setup.

So the real questions are:
How did the sound compare to a large I5+I5B (line array) rig?
Could you hear comb filtering or other non-uniform coverage issues?

Just thought I would ask...
Engineer
ISP Technologies

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.