Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Vista 5SR & Vi6

(1/1)

Iain.Macdonald:
Does anyone on this forum have recent experience with both of those consoles. For a 'normal', music event or festival which one would you prefer, and why.

TIA

Iain.

Edit to correctly identify Vista 5 SR

RaySoly:

--- Quote from: Iain Macdonald on June 27, 2011, 10:39:34 AM ---Does anyone on this forum have recent experience with both of those consoles. For a 'normal', music event or festival which one would you prefer, and why.

TIA

Iain.

--- End quote ---

I am presently "fiddling" with the Vista 8, It's way over the top for our needs right now but one of the venues I am touring to has it available ......perhaps the following post will answer some of your questions

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/446461/0/

Ray

Adam Robinson:

--- Quote from: Iain Macdonald on June 27, 2011, 10:39:34 AM ---Does anyone on this forum have recent experience with both of those consoles. For a 'normal', music event or festival which one would you prefer, and why.

TIA

Iain.

Edit to correctly identify Vista 5 SR

--- End quote ---

I have mixed on both consoles many times and have toured with the Vista.  I prefer the Vista, but the Vi is a much more user friendly console when it comes to things other than just mixing on it (patching, system configuration, etc).  That being said, the Vista is probably one of the best sounding consoles I've ever mixed on, hands down. 

Andy_Leviss:
It truly depends. Can you give us a few more details on your particular scenario? Both are great, the Vi6 is quicker to get up and running, but the Vista is much more flexible and configurable.

For music venues, i'd lean towards the Vista if it's big enough for your needs, simply for speed of setup. For musical theatre, I'd lean more towards the Vista, although for smaller shows or shorter tech periods I'd happily spec a Vi6 or even a Vi1, depending on the show's needs.

--Andy

Iain.Macdonald:

--- Quote from: Andy Leviss on July 12, 2011, 02:05:14 PM ---It truly depends. Can you give us a few more details on your particular scenario? Both are great, the Vi6 is quicker to get up and running, but the Vista is much more flexible and configurable.

For music venues, i'd lean towards the Vista if it's big enough for your needs, simply for speed of setup. For musical theatre, I'd lean more towards the Vista, although for smaller shows or shorter tech periods I'd happily spec a Vi6 or even a Vi1, depending on the show's needs.

--Andy

--- End quote ---

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

The situation is complex. Receiving house that also generates new work. The intention is, that they use it for their own productions and, then rent it out when not in use. Vi6 is becoming popular over here. But 5 SR is also gathering a lot of interest. Royal Opera House has 2 Vista 5 and a Vista 8, and seem very happy. Being able to select different sample rates enables easy interface for different broadcasters requirements. The recent 96chan version for Vi closes the gap. Reality is that budget is probably going to be the deciding factor.

Iain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version