ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: separate RSS Feeds  (Read 3626 times)

Reynaud Venter

separate RSS Feeds
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:07:41 am »

I realise it's early days still, but it would be fantastic if each forum had a dedicated RSS feed. Currently, there appears to only be a global feed instead of allowing us to subscribe to just those forums which we may find of interest.

thanks,
Reynaud

Jonathan Ladner

• Lab Lounge
Re: separate RSS Feeds
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:01:14 pm »

I have to agree.  Please announce when dedicated forum RSS feeds are available.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 07:34:30 pm »

I realise it's early days still, but it would be fantastic if each forum had a dedicated RSS feed. Currently, there appears to only be a global feed instead of allowing us to subscribe to just those forums which we may find of interest.

thanks,
Reynaud
I have to agree.  Please announce when dedicated forum RSS feeds are available.

I do not think it is possible to have a separate RSS feed for each forum. I do notice however that neither of you is a member of any membergroups. If you join the membergroups for only the forums you are interested in those are the only forums that will show up in the RSS feed, as well as the "unread posts" list.

Mac

Jonathan Ladner

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:45:49 am »

I do not think it is possible to have a separate RSS feed for each forum. I do notice however that neither of you is a member of any membergroups. If you join the membergroups for only the forums you are interested in those are the only forums that will show up in the RSS feed, as well as the "unread posts" list.

Mac

Hey Mac,
I have done as you suggested but still not receiving any updates in my feed.  Is there something else I am not aware of?

Update>>

Okay, think I figured it out...

Must use the RSS link at the bottom of the page not the RSS icon located on the banner.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:52:36 pm by Jonathan Ladner »

Jonathan Ladner

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:33:29 am »

Hey Mac,
I have done as you suggested but still not receiving any updates in my feed.  Is there something else I am not aware of?

Update>>

Okay, think I figured it out...

Must use the RSS link at the bottom of the page not the RSS icon located on the banner.

Still not working...

The above method only generates 5 items at a time.

Using Google Reader

John Young

• lcd digital signage
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:22:39 pm »

thanks,
Reynaud

Rss is really easy to use by other website or media, but someboday said the rss was becoming less power now

GavinMorse

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:55 am »

Rss is really easy to use by other website or media, but someboday said the rss was becoming less power now

The real importance of RSS feeds is that it gives visitors a chance to easily read your content.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:55 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.