Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Touring China with wrong visa!!

(1/2) > >>

RaySoly:
On this upcoming tour, most of the crew has been issued "Z" type work visas, but two have "L" i.e. tourist visas......any problems working under the "L" in China??

thanks

Ray

Nitin Sidhu:

--- Quote from: Ray Soly on June 26, 2011, 01:15:01 PM ---On this upcoming tour, most of the crew has been issued "Z" type work visas, but two have "L" i.e. tourist visas......any problems working under the "L" in China??

thanks

Ray

--- End quote ---

India. And Indians abroad.  And former Soviet block citizens in India  ???
As long as they dont tell Immigration there there for work, and dont have anyone reportnig payments.

To avoid possibility of arrest . Best to get correct visas.

Sidhu

John Roberts {JR}:
It's not nice to fool totalitarian governments...

JR

Timo Beckman:

--- Quote from: Nitin Sidhu on June 26, 2011, 02:14:09 PM ---India. And Indians abroad.  And former Soviet block citizens in India  ???
As long as they dont tell Immigration there there for work, and dont have anyone reportnig payments.

To avoid possibility of arrest . Best to get correct visas.

Sidhu

--- End quote ---
It will cost you a lot of money to get out of there for the 2 people . And a lot of time to get it changed . I've toured china for 2,5 months and everybody working on that tour also had the wrong permit meaning we could not leave if we did not pay . It took 1 guy about 2 weeks to get the permit for everybody . We were lucky that we found out about 3 weeks before the end of the tour and not at the airport .

RaySoly:

--- Quote from: Timo Beckman on June 27, 2011, 02:38:45 AM ---It will cost you a lot of money to get out of there for the 2 people . And a lot of time to get it changed . I've toured china for 2,5 months and everybody working on that tour also had the wrong permit meaning we could not leave if we did not pay . It took 1 guy about 2 weeks to get the permit for everybody . We were lucky that we found out about 3 weeks before the end of the tour and not at the airport .

--- End quote ---

Timo, what papers/permit did your guy get??..do you mean change the permit from L (tourist) to Z (work)??

thanks

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version