ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touring China with wrong visa!!  (Read 3138 times)

Ray Soly

Touring China with wrong visa!!
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:15:01 pm »

On this upcoming tour, most of the crew has been issued "Z" type work visas, but two have "L" i.e. tourist visas......any problems working under the "L" in China??

thanks

Ray

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
Re: Touring China with wrong visa!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 02:14:09 pm »

On this upcoming tour, most of the crew has been issued "Z" type work visas, but two have "L" i.e. tourist visas......any problems working under the "L" in China??

thanks

Ray

India. And Indians abroad.  And former Soviet block citizens in India  ???
As long as they dont tell Immigration there there for work, and dont have anyone reportnig payments.

To avoid possibility of arrest . Best to get correct visas.

Sidhu
My RTA is always flat.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 02:16:01 pm »

It's not nice to fool totalitarian governments...

JR
Don't tune your drums half-ass. Listen to what a properly "cleared" drum sounds like.   http://circularscience.com/

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:38:45 am »

India. And Indians abroad.  And former Soviet block citizens in India  ???
As long as they dont tell Immigration there there for work, and dont have anyone reportnig payments.

To avoid possibility of arrest . Best to get correct visas.

Sidhu
It will cost you a lot of money to get out of there for the 2 people . And a lot of time to get it changed . I've toured china for 2,5 months and everybody working on that tour also had the wrong permit meaning we could not leave if we did not pay . It took 1 guy about 2 weeks to get the permit for everybody . We were lucky that we found out about 3 weeks before the end of the tour and not at the airport .

Ray Soly

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:42 pm »

It will cost you a lot of money to get out of there for the 2 people . And a lot of time to get it changed . I've toured china for 2,5 months and everybody working on that tour also had the wrong permit meaning we could not leave if we did not pay . It took 1 guy about 2 weeks to get the permit for everybody . We were lucky that we found out about 3 weeks before the end of the tour and not at the airport .

Timo, what papers/permit did your guy get??..do you mean change the permit from L (tourist) to Z (work)??

thanks

Ray

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 05:02:57 am »

We all went in thinking we had the right permit (working) but after 6 weeks of touring someone working at a hotel tells us we all have tourist visums . 1 guy from the tour went to sjanghai to fix that (taking all of the passports from us with him) . Took him 2 weeks to fix it without paying serious money as far as i know . He did go to the dutch ambassy(?) and had contact with a lot of other people and in the end he got it fixt . 1 week after that was the end of the tour so just in time .

Be prepared for a lot confusing situations even if contracts are signed and everybody got your rider . The real shit will hit when your there . Was the mail adress from david any help ?

Ray Soly

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »

Was the mail adress from david any help ?

email address???

thanks

Ray

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.