Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

outboard phantom supplies

(1/1)

Hayden J. Nebus:
I run a hall equipped with a 5D that I max out inputs on a couple times a year, usually doing pops style symphony reinforcement with a metric shit ton of condensers.

Id love to get 8 ch. Of outboard phantom supply so I can spill into my stereo inputs. I currently use my APB prorack, which I love, once I exceed 48ch., but it leaves my cockpit a bit tight.

Can I get 8 ch. of phantom supply in 1 or 2 RU ready made from anywhere?

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Hayden J. Nebus on June 24, 2011, 12:28:46 PM ---I run a hall equipped with a 5D that I max out inputs on a couple times a year, usually doing pops style symphony reinforcement with a metric shit ton of condensers.

Id love to get 8 ch. Of outboard phantom supply so I can spill into my stereo inputs. I currently use my APB prorack, which I love, once I exceed 48ch., but it leaves my cockpit a bit tight.

Can I get 8 ch. of phantom supply in 1 or 2 RU ready made from anywhere?

--- End quote ---

If you have a PM5D-RH you only need a phantom supply, but with a non RH PM5d there is also 26dB less gain on the stereo inputs. It is probably easier to get an 8ch mic pre that has phantom already. Depending on whether or not you have any MY cards the 8ch mic pre could go into slot inputs analog or digital, or just go analog into the stereo inputs.

Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version