ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EZ-Up Canopy Repair  (Read 15994 times)

John Roll

EZ-Up Canopy Repair
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:38:53 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on repairing an EZ-up canopy. There's a drip at one of the Velcro straps which attach the canopy to the frame on the underside. Is it worth trying to fix it or should I just buy a new canopy?

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

Sam Zuckerman

• Baltimore, MD
Re: EZ-Up Canopy Repair
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on repairing an EZ-up canopy. There's a drip at one of the Velcro straps which attach the canopy to the frame on the underside. Is it worth trying to fix it or should I just buy a new canopy?

John

That depends how confident you are in textiles. Is there a hole in the actual canopy?

John Roll

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:31 PM »

That depends how confident you are in textiles. Is there a hole in the actual canopy?
Sam,
I can't find any holes in the canopy. The drip seemed to be coming from the seam at the point where the Velcro strap is attached. I was thinking that I might take it a clothing repair shop to reinforce the seams.

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »

Sam,
I can't find any holes in the canopy. The drip seemed to be coming from the seam at the point where the Velcro strap is attached. I was thinking that I might take it a clothing repair shop to reinforce the seams.

John

Sew What
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:43:21 PM »

You could try this first to see if it stops before an expensive repair.

http://www.boatersplus.com/texsport-spray-seam-slr-wtrprf.html

Sam Zuckerman

• Baltimore, MD
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:04:53 PM »

Sam,

John
In that case. Gaff tape.

In all seriousness I would try and track down where in the seam it is leaking and patch over it. Then again, I study Theatre here at school and was taught to sew. If you do try that seem spray posted above let us know how it goes.

How bad is the leak?

John Roll

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »

In that case. Gaff tape.

In all seriousness I would try and track down where in the seam it is leaking and patch over it. Then again, I study Theatre here at school and was taught to sew. If you do try that seem spray posted above let us know how it goes.

How bad is the leak?
It's just an occasional drip at the moment. I am going to try the seam spray to how it works. If it doesn't, I might take it to a local seamstress....
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »

In that case. Gaff tape.

How bad is the leak?
It's just an occasional drip at the moment. I am going to try the seam spray to how it works. If it doesn't, I might take it to a local seamstress....

Super Glue.

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

bruce gering

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 02:08:48 AM »

John
Once those canopies get old and weathered they are going to develop leaks, esp in a constant rain situation. This happens even with no apparent holes. Have you tried Scotchgaurding them? I like the super glue on the seams idea.

If you know you may be in for rain, its a good idea to put a tarp over the top of the canopy and secure it on 2-3 sides however best you can for a little added protection.

John Roll

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »

Once those canopies get old and weathered they are going to develop leaks, esp in a constant rain situation. This happens even with no apparent holes. Have you tried Scotchgaurding them? I like the super glue on the seams idea.

If you know you may be in for rain, its a good idea to put a tarp over the top of the canopy and secure it on 2-3 sides however best you can for a little added protection.
This canopy has never been used. I am in contact with EZ-up to see if they can provide a solution. Unfortunately, the POP is MIA, so I can't play the warranty angle.If I can't find the boat sealer locally, I'll try the super glue. I'll keep you posted.

John
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.