ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey IPR6000  (Read 8630 times)

Travis Dean TenKley

Peavey IPR6000
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »

I'm almost done building 4 lab subs.  I was looking at a PL380 to power all four.  But, i came across this amp; Just wondering if anyone had facts or opinions on wether these would work for Lab subs?  I could actually buy 4 of these for the price of 1 PL380.
Peavey IPR6000.
Groundbreaking IPR Series: Lightweight, efficient, reliable
The IPR 6000 is a member of Peavey's impressive IPR Series. Peavey went the extra mile designing this exciting line of power amplifiers. For starters, each IPR Series power amp boasts an extremely light weight — the lightest IPR weighs under 7 lbs.! Adding to that, though, Peavey managed to increase output power, reliability, and thermal efficiency, so the IPR 6000 — and all the IPR Series power amps — are ready for the most professional of rigs. Each is designed with a resonant switch-mode power supply as well as a high-speed class D topology, yielding incredibly high audio resolution — and efficiency.

Peavey's DDT speaker-protection circuitry suite
On top of all-out innovation, the Peavey IPR 6000 also offers Peavey's exclusive DDT speaker-protection system, with multi-pint clip sampling as well as DC, Temp, Signal, and Active safeguards — all of which are referenced on the front panel via LED indicators.

Peavey IPR 6000 Power Amplifier Features:
•Groundbreaking IPR Series power amplifier — lightweight, efficient, reliable
•Built-in Peavey-exclusive DDT circuitry protects your speakers
•High-speed class D topology delivers high resolution
•Variable speed fan housed inside lightweight aluminum chassis

Peavey IPR 6000 Power Amplifier Specifications:
•2,000W RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
•3,000W RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
•Two independent crossovers
•Combi 1/4"/XLR inputs
•Neutrik Speakon Combo 1/4" outputs

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Peavey IPR6000
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:57:03 PM »

I'm almost done building 4 lab subs.  I was looking at a PL380 to power all four.  But, i came across this amp; Just wondering if anyone had facts or opinions on wether these would work for Lab subs?  I could actually buy 4 of these for the price of 1 PL380.

Are they actually shipping?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Travis Dean TenKley

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »

I was told by PV, they will be in stock July 10th.
Are they really "D" rated amps?  Or does that not mean anything??

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »

I was told by PV, they will be in stock July 10th.
Are they really "D" rated amps?  Or does that not mean anything??
"Class D" refers to the amp topology, in this case switching outputs.

Compare/contrast to Class A, Class B, A/B, H.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ps. I'll believe the IPR6000 exists when I see one at my local Peavey dealer.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »

I came across this post today http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21633  This is talking about UK supply times but If you scroll down to the last post on the first page it may provide an answer ???????

Travis Dean TenKley

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »

I came across this post today http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21633  This is talking about UK supply times but If you scroll down to the last post on the first page it may provide an answer ???????
As of June 20th, 2011, Peavey and Guitar Center both claim that there will be IPR600's in stock and ready for puchase on July 10th.  Not sure why they would both lie to me but that's the story.  Hope it's true.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »

I found this post amusing.
Do LAB.GRUPPEN amps really have 5,000 to 10,000 dollars worth of components inside their cases? I find that hard to believe. Are they hand made by Leprechauns at the end of rainbows in Lala Land? I doubt it. Some manufacturers are pricing their products out of reach of the everyman. I can't even afford a used LAB.GRUPPEN off eBay.

I didn't know Swedes had leprechauns, but I do know Labs have lots of Lake goodness inside, along with being serious amps.

The things one learns...

Tim Mc

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 10:34:44 PM »

Hard to imagine there are dumb asses all around the internet...  :o

As a former product manager for power amps at the subject company I am pleased that his wasn't on my watch...

We'll see sooner or later...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

John Chiara

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:47 PM »

Peavey IPR6000.
Groundbreaking IPR Series: Lightweight, efficient, reliable
The IPR 6000 is a member of Peavey's impressive IPR Series. Peavey went the extra mile designing this exciting line of power amplifiers. For starters, each IPR Series power amp boasts an extremely light weight — the lightest IPR weighs under 7 lbs.! Adding to that, though, Peavey managed to increase output power, reliability, and thermal efficiency, so the IPR 6000 — and all the IPR Series power amps — are ready for the most professional of rigs. Each is designed with a resonant switch-mode power supply as well as a high-speed class D topology, yielding incredibly high audio resolution — and efficiency.

Peavey's DDT speaker-protection circuitry suite
On top of all-out innovation, the Peavey IPR 6000 also offers Peavey's exclusive DDT speaker-protection system, with multi-pint clip sampling as well as DC, Temp, Signal, and Active safeguards — all of which are referenced on the front panel via LED indicators.

Peavey IPR 6000 Power Amplifier Features:
•Groundbreaking IPR Series power amplifier — lightweight, efficient, reliable
•Built-in Peavey-exclusive DDT circuitry protects your speakers
•High-speed class D topology delivers high resolution
•Variable speed fan housed inside lightweight aluminum chassis

Peavey IPR 6000 Power Amplifier Specifications:
•2,000W RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
•3,000W RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
•Two independent crossovers
•Combi 1/4"/XLR inputs
•Neutrik Speakon Combo 1/4" outputs

As a reference, last week I used 8 Lab Subs...4 powered by 2 Peavey 4080HZ...and 4 powered by a QSC/Clair 208 V PL 9.0. No comparison. IMO ...the PL 9.0 is the perfect amp for 4 Lab Subs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.