Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

EQing help!

(1/3) > >>

Christopher John:
Hi Guys, I need helping a team better EQ with an M7CL!  Attached is a quick pic of the drums.

Let me know where to look or send me pics of your console eq curves.  Thanks!

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: chris99 on January 19, 2011, 12:41:28 pm ---Hi Guys, I need help

--- End quote ---

Please go to your profile and change the name field to your real full name as required by the posting rules of these forums.

Mac

Michael Gazdziak:

--- Quote from: Christopher John on January 19, 2011, 12:41:28 pm ---Hi Guys, I need helping a team better EQ with an M7CL!  Attached is a quick pic of the drums.

Let me know where to look or send me pics of your console eq curves.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I'd like to help you eq your drums, but I can't hear them through the internets. So I'll need you to identify and tell me the frequencies that don't sound right, as well as if you think there is too much or little of those frequencies, and I'll give you advice. Or we could cut out the middleman, and you could figure it out, like every other sound person on this planet, by listening and trying things out.

Make an adjustment, if it sounds better keep it, if it sounds worse get rid of it.

Also, kick should be on ch 1, not 17, snare should be on 2, you need to add hat on ch 3, and toms should be on 4. Also, you need to have 2 kick mics, 2 snare mics, and it doesn't matter if the kit has been tuned.

First post on the new forums! Yay!

Dave Bigelow:
Can't really tell much from the pic (can't hear it) but it appears that your are killing them by taking every bit of attack away.

Steve Ferreira:
I learnt a long time ago that looking at the graphic display means nothing. You mix with your ears, not your eyes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version