ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with Wireless Lavaliere Mic  (Read 12969 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Issues with Wireless Lavaliere Mic
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »

It appears as though the entire frequency range that your units are in are clear of TV broadcast in your area.  This does not mean that there are not other unlicensed users in your area interfering.

I second, third, fourth (whatever we are up to here) the idea of getting you receivers closer to you transmitters. 

Let us know how that effects your problem.

Also, Is this a new problem or has it happened the entire time you've had these systems?
Is it a problem on each combination, no matter which transmitter and which receiver you use in combination with the other or does it track with a single receiver or a single transmitter?

Are you using other wireless system in the same space or elsewhere on campus?
Have you frequency co-ordinated them all to work together?
If not, it's quite possible that you are causing yourself your own interference.  You can't just change one frequency set on one mic if all systems are in the same frequency range.  A single change can often mean that 3 or more tx rx systems will now have problems.

Let us know your entire wireless layout in terms of number of systems, what frequency range and what frequencies that you currently have them set to, this will help to diagnose your problem.

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Arnold B. Krueger

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 05:06:49 AM »

We have the receiver in the sound booth - right next to all the rest of the equipment (as well as another wireless handheld mic which has no issues).  The stage is approx. 125 ft. away (a guess).

That's about the distance we work at, with no problems once we moved our equipment to truely clear channels.  Our receivers are mounted in a location where there is a clear line-of-sight shot to the platform.

I'm going to try and relocate the receiver to the stage...  and also check signal strength.  I have tried several freq and they all cause the same issues - so my guess is it isn't that.

Does your receiver indicate any signal strength with the transmitter turned off?  I've found that this is a pre-requisite for having good performance.  When I was scanning for frequencies to use, I found a goodly number that had one or two bars of signal, even when all off the wireless transmitters turned off.

In the case of the AT transmitters, some of them can be switched between high and low power. Are yours set for the highest power possible?

We found that putting the receivers on stage helped, but it is inconvenient. It was very much worth the trouble to get them back in the media booth where they belong.

I've found that putting the receivers on stage greatly helps with prooblems like this.

Jeff_Lowes

• OTR Mastering
    • OTR Mastering @ Shoutlife.com
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »

Just had another thought..........make sure that if you are using a lav beltpak that you DO NOT have a handheld w/l mic that is set for the same freq as the beltpak that IS TURNED ON. If there are 2 transmitters (mics) that are tuned to the same freq and are on at the same time, there will be trouble....
JL
OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
shoutlife.com/OTRMastering

David Kaiser

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »

Have you checked the mic cable itself? Has the lavaliere caught on anything or been yanked in any way. There may be connector or broken cable issues. I have a headset right now that passes audio but the cable is definetly not in good shape. Manipulating the cable near the connector causes very loud crackling.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.