ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lavalier System  (Read 5649 times)

Luther Fairley

Lavalier System
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

Opinion please. @ church Im looking to get a country men with the slx receiver & body pack but kind of un sure. If anyone is using 1 how does it do with feedback?
Thank You

Taylor Phillips

Re: Lavalier System
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »

Opinion please. @ church Im looking to get a country men with the slx receiver & body pack but kind of un sure. If anyone is using 1 how does it do with feedback?
Thank You
I'm quite familiar with Countryman E6 earworn mic, I'm not familiar with their lavalier.  Feedback isn't much of a problem for the E6 because the earworn mics keep the element close to the speaker's mouth, so not much gain is needed.  The only problem they have is the cables seem to go bad pretty quick.  You can get thicker cables for them, and that's what I would recommend.

Kent Thompson

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:28:31 PM »

I have 2 they sound pretty good for lavaliers and are good feedback wise. I also eq mine with a parametric and hi pass them at about 200hz with a couple of narrow cuts in the mids but, feedback depends a lot on your system so your result may be different.

Arnold B. Krueger

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:32:53 PM »

On a slightly different tack, I have both SLX and AT 3000 wireless body packs and receivers. I like them both but I prefer the AT 3000 sets.  You might want to compare the two. One hidden advantage of the AT 3000 system is that it also works with their ATW-T1802 XLR plug-on transmitters which turn many hand-held microphones into wireless mics, even many condensors. We've found that hand-held wireless cardioids worked close are about as resistant to feedback as lavs and E6s.  Options are nice! ;-)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »

If you mean the B6 lav then the sound quality is much better than the E6.  Gain before feedback is going to be largely the result of PAG vs, NAG (potential acoustic gain vs. necessary acoustic gain) which has more to do with the distances involved than the mic element.

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.