ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confidence Monitor system  (Read 10433 times)

Steven Kramer

Confidence Monitor system
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:09:28 AM »

Looking to hear what everyone is using for a confidence monitor system as we are looking to purchase one for our facility. We would like to be able to conceal the stand as best as possible. I have only seen the Da-Lite Stand that has a skirt in the back - www.dalite.com/products/product.php?cID=59&pID=444 Has anyone used a stand that is totally concealed from the audience?

Is there a solution to not only include their presentation (PowerPoint) on the monitor but a time reference as well like a clock, countdown timer, and/or the green yellow red indicator?

Thanks

Kellen Tyburski

• Kellen Tyburski | Audio Engineering
Re: Confidence Monitor system
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »

Looking to hear what everyone is using for a confidence monitor system as we are looking to purchase one for our facility. We would like to be able to conceal the stand as best as possible. I have only seen the Da-Lite Stand that has a skirt in the back - www.dalite.com/products/product.php?cID=59&pID=444 Has anyone used a stand that is totally concealed from the audience?

Is there a solution to not only include their presentation (PowerPoint) on the monitor but a time reference as well like a clock, countdown timer, and/or the green yellow red indicator?

Thanks

What type of environment are you using this in?
In a hotel environment, I am not a fan of that particular stand, or others like it (its just a taste thing i think, because i know some guys who love it). I have found that you can get the tilt you need from a guitar stand, and no drape is needed.... little more of a slick look.. as for the clock, a limitimer with a (http://www.knightpro.net/Product%20Images/Inventory%20Pics/DSan%20Large%20Display.jpg)  large clock works pretty well.

KT

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »

For large flat screens I use an amplifier stand, the kind used to tilt back guitar amps onstage. Then I just gaff tape some drape around the monitor and it hides the stand and any coiled cables underneath.

For smaller screens I use guitar stands, and drape.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Justin Dodd

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:51:30 AM »

I either use custom wooden stands that are at a set tilt back angle or lay the screen back using a front fill speaker to prop it up (done right it is very discreet).

Most event planners I work with would freak at the sight of that Dalite contraption...

Justin

Collin Donohue

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

Before anyone was actually marketing one, we had a bunch custom-built by our local metalworking shop that could fit up to 55" screens and was integrated with Chief brackets (all of our other stands were Chief).  We typically just put a black drape over the bracket portion (leaving some open space in the back for air circulation).

For a couple shows, we have made full surrounds out of black foam-core.  The back would be a rectangle matching the height of the screen and the sides would be at a matching angle to the screen.  Looked very nice and was a quick and cheap solution for the show.  No picture of that, unfortunately!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.