Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Holland Tunnel

(1/2) > >>

Martin Bilecki:
  Heading to Manhattan this weekend >>   Sending a lease truck that is 13 ft    I have went through with my 12.8 truck in the past...  Every website from the toll authority gives me different numbers..

Any for sure info???  Max allowable  ??

Bob Leonard:
Here's something for sure. If you can't get a straight answer use the GW bridge.

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Martin Bilecki on June 13, 2011, 10:29:08 AM ---  Heading to Manhattan this weekend >>   Sending a lease truck that is 13 ft    I have went through with my 12.8 truck in the past...  Every website from the toll authority gives me different numbers..

Any for sure info???  Max allowable  ??

--- End quote ---

Holland Tunnel is 12'6", the Lincoln Tunnel is 13', GW Bridge is 14'. Take the Lincoln Tunnel with a 13' truck. Holland Tunnel is also restricted to 3 axle box trucks, but I assume your lease is a 2 or 3 axle box. Lincoln Tunnel and GW Bridge are OK for tractor trailer. There are also restrictions on certain streets in NYC, throughout the boroughs. Bridge and toll info HERE, truck route info available HERE.

Mac

John Halliburton:

--- Quote from: Bob Leonard on June 13, 2011, 10:57:29 AM ---Here's something for sure. If you can't get a straight answer use the GW bridge.

--- End quote ---

Just drove through both back in March, I'd sure not want to be pusing it. 

Mac beat me to it. ;>)

Best regards,

John

Martin Bilecki:

--- Quote from: John Halliburton on June 13, 2011, 12:12:38 PM ---Just drove through both back in March, I'd sure not want to be pusing it. 

Mac beat me to it. ;>)

Best regards,

John

--- End quote ---

Thanks         I now meant the Lincoln Tunnel   

The GW always burns me with traffic ......

So am I confident to pass a 13 ft Penske with a medium load through the Lincoln or just plan ahead and bear with the GW ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version