Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Yamaha PM3500 monitor cue?

(1/1)

Ronnie.Reels:
I have a PM3500 and needing to use it for a monitor console.   Can the "monitor A" output be used to feed a cue wedge?   I've only used the desk at FOH.  Manual says only left, right,  or two track feed this monitor A output.   Any PM3500 users remember if this can be used as pfl?   

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Ronnie.Reels on June 11, 2011, 04:09:28 PM ---I have a PM3500 and needing to use it for a monitor console.   Can the "monitor A" output be used to feed a cue wedge?   I've only used the desk at FOH.  Manual says only left, right,  or two track feed this monitor A output.   Any PM3500 users remember if this can be used as pfl?

--- End quote ---

The block diagram on page 52 of the manual shows the cue bus being routed to the monitor out whenever the "cue on" is active. I don't remember if that is a logic switch that is set when you cue any channel, or a switch you have to actively engage, although I expect it is logic. When cue is not active the monitor out can be set to listen to either 2Tr in, if nothing is coming in the 2Tr in the wedge will only be active when cue is active.

Mac

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS:

--- Quote from: Ronnie.Reels on June 11, 2011, 04:09:28 PM ---I have a PM3500 and needing to use it for a monitor console.   Can the "monitor A" output be used to feed a cue wedge?   I've only used the desk at FOH.  Manual says only left, right,  or two track feed this monitor A output.   Any PM3500 users remember if this can be used as pfl?

--- End quote ---

I use Monitor A on mine for cue wedge.  Anything you Cue will show up there.  Just below the Monitor A volume is a little bank of three lights that will tell you if you are Cued from an Input, VCA or Master.

Ronnie.Reels:

--- Quote from: RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS on June 11, 2011, 06:49:15 PM ---I use Monitor A on mine for cue wedge.  Anything you Cue will show up there.  Just below the Monitor A volume is a little bank of three lights that will tell you if you are Cued from an Input, VCA or Master.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ryan and Mac!  I figured it should work that way.  Figured it was easier to ask here rather than set it up and unlid and test. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version