ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ascending Screen  (Read 5881 times)

Thomas Lamb

Ascending Screen
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »

Hey guys looking for some input. I have a place that needs an electric ascending screen (comes up from the ground). I have contacted the usuals Da Lite, Draper, Stewart. Draper is a no go. Da lite only does 12' width and stewarts retail price was 65,000 dollars (im not a dealer but even if I was im pretty positive its a no go). Here are the specs HD format, minimum 16' width, electric ascending. Are there companies that I have missed that have a product like this?
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: Ascending Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »

... Da lite only does 12' width ...

Did you talk to Da-Lite's Custom Design Center? They can some times beyond the normal product list at times.

It's worth a try if you've not already, [email protected]

Philip

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »

Hey guys looking for some input. I have a place that needs an electric ascending screen (comes up from the ground). I have contacted the usuals Da Lite, Draper, Stewart. Draper is a no go. Da lite only does 12' width and stewarts retail price was 65,000 dollars (im not a dealer but even if I was im pretty positive its a no go). Here are the specs HD format, minimum 16' width, electric ascending. Are there companies that I have missed that have a product like this?

The screen is the easy part in this equation.  The ascending framework is the issue.  You might check with a lift company such as Auton or Inca.  I'd be intersted to know the application though.  I'm thinking you might be able to use a fairly standard manually operated self-retracting screen without the ratcheted stops and a single point actuator to extend it up.  Without too much airflow to cause it to move it might work.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:36:34 PM by Lee Douglas »
This space for rent

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »

Yes, but none that I can find that offer anything near that large.  My experience with custom specialized screens is that it may come down to whether they 'need' it bad enough to accept the associated cost or whether some compromises might be possible to allow other options.

craig russ

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »

Bojan Bajsic

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »

since you did not spec a location it is going to be used, an airscreen does come up from the ground, it is 'electric' and they make them up to 100ft wide

might not be what you want for an indoor permanent setup, but good for outdoors

Scott Raymond

• Nebraska
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:38:33 PM »

Hey guys looking for some input. I have a place that needs an electric ascending screen (comes up from the ground).

Thomas,

This may not be a viable option for you but I'll throw it out FWIW.  We used a normal electric screen at church installed upside down with weighted cables and pulleys to pull it up when activated.  It worked in our situation as it's between two organ chambers which worked to install the weights in.  There's a large vertical stained glass window running between the organ chambers and they didn't want to have the window obstructed so installing a wood chamber below it was the only way of getting around that.  It still obviously covers the lower part of the window when extended but is out of the way when retracted.  It was just weighted enough to get the screen up and has worked well for several years now.  If you have a physical location that would allow a place for a little weight to travel and get some small pulleys mounted or hung it might be an option.  Locations wouldn't always allow this to be done though.  I could get some pics if it's something you might be interested in.

Scott

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »

Cool idea!!
However,
Vutec does have what I need. Talked to them at NSCA.
Thanks, t
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.