ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird UR2 question  (Read 2319 times)

TonyWilliams

• Nashville, TN
    • Blog
Weird UR2 question
« on: June 05, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

Here's one to ponder:

I had an interesting experience yesterday that maybe someone can shed some light on. We had a grand opening of a venue going on with all brand new gear, all tested and run through quite a few times. During the gala, 'artist 1' performed with a Shure UHF R series UR2 handheld and it worked fine. Between 'artist 1' and 'artist 2' the handheld is taken off stage for a screen to come down for a video. After video screen goes up 'Artist 2' performs but the wireless handheld doesn't work at all. The artist plays the issue like a pro while we bring out the backup wireless and show goes on. Looking at the wireless, we notice the frequency has switched. We resync the handheld and all is well again.
The question is, how does a transmitter suddenly change frequency? Has anybody had something like this happen to them?

We had 4 channels of UHF-R and 4 channels of ULX going on.

-Tony

Fred Merkle

• Chicago, IL
Re: Weird UR2 question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:10:52 AM »

The question is, how does a transmitter suddenly change frequency? Has anybody had something like this happen to them?

I've never seen a UR2 change frequency like that.

I'd guess the following:
1) Transmitter was set wrong initially, but was close enough to the receiver frequency that it was able to open the squelch.  Then, partway through the show RF conditions changed.
2) Someone was playing around with the transmitter between acts.
3) Other confusion.

But, I guess if you see it again, call Shure.

-Fred

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Weird UR2 question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:10:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.