Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Be Aware of this Venue: Arcada Theatre

<< < (2/2)

Tom Braxton:
Thanks for finding that Matt.  This is a long-standing pattern with that company, and even though I refuse to name names, I think people should be aware that they could be walking into at minimum a nightmare, and at worst a very dangerous situation with them. 

It's not that hard to figure out who they are with all the information in these 2 threads.... Just trying to keep people like us safe and sane working out there :)

--- Quote from: Matt Young on June 14, 2011, 01:05:27 AM ---Found it,
http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/36437/0/0/0/

--- End quote ---

James Henriksen:
I can vouch for Brads statements as I was there and helped out a little during the strike.  The venue is just not quite up to the task of handling the modern touring production. 

Just as a self-disclaimer - I was not one of the local crew, but a fellow audio guy and family memeber of brad's stage manager. Brad and his crew are top notch, and they work with one heck of a seasoned band.  Its always a pleasure to catch up with you guys when your in the area.

Karel Will:

--- Quote from: Tom Braxton on June 14, 2011, 01:16:01 PM ---Thanks for finding that Matt.  This is a long-standing pattern with that company, and even though I refuse to name names, I think people should be aware that they could be walking into at minimum a nightmare, and at worst a very dangerous situation with them. 

It's not that hard to figure out who they are with all the information in these 2 threads.... Just trying to keep people like us safe and sane working out there :)

--- End quote ---

So, I guess nobody did call OSHA?  :o

Unbelievable...

Karel.

John Halliburton:
I had chatted with Brad last week about this venue's production, as I happened to  have a show where the client went out to the Arcada the following day for a show.  I also had posted about a show this company did on the old LAB back in August of 2008:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/347248/1641/#msg_347248

Not a track record I'd want to have...

Best regards,

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version