ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft + iPad App?  (Read 9948 times)

John Black

Soundcraft + iPad App?
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:16:28 PM »

I work for a school and manage three theatres.  Currently all three spaces are equipped with analog audio systems (currently Soundcraft consoles), and I am close to making a purchase decision on a digital console for one of the spaces.  I often support 8-10 events per day between all three spaces, and (currently) without additional staff, find myself running a lot between console and stage testing mics and other gear setup for particular events.

My question is for anyone familiar with Soundcraft.  I've had demos on the Si and Vi ranges of consoles (love them both).  For my work environment, however, I am intrigued by the iPad control app for the Yamaha M7CL console.  I know that there is now the iPad App for controlling Crown amplifiers, but has anyone heard of an app for controlling the Si or Vi consoles?  I was sold on the Soundcraft Vi line until demoing an M7CL with iPad control.

Just wondering if there may be something in the works on this or not...

Marek Barabas

Re: Soundcraft + iPad App?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »

Hi,

this app does not exist yet, but in future will. How far is this future is really mystery.

Marek

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »

I work for a school and manage three theatres.  Currently all three spaces are equipped with analog audio systems (currently Soundcraft consoles), and I am close to making a purchase decision on a digital console for one of the spaces.  I often support 8-10 events per day between all three spaces, and (currently) without additional staff, find myself running a lot between console and stage testing mics and other gear setup for particular events.

My question is for anyone familiar with Soundcraft.  I've had demos on the Si and Vi ranges of consoles (love them both).  For my work environment, however, I am intrigued by the iPad control app for the Yamaha M7CL console.  I know that there is now the iPad App for controlling Crown amplifiers, but has anyone heard of an app for controlling the Si or Vi consoles?  I was sold on the Soundcraft Vi line until demoing an M7CL with iPad control.

Just wondering if there may be something in the works on this or not...

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/virtualvi.aspx?pid=147

I'm definitely not computer savvy, but if a product has a "virtual" interface allowing you to run the system in real time, what's to prevent you from simply using the iPad to remotely control a computer attached to the desk without having a specific app?  It should be a simple matter of wireless remote.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Andy_Leviss

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/virtualvi.aspx?pid=147

I'm definitely not computer savvy, but if a product has a "virtual" interface allowing you to run the system in real time, what's to prevent you from simply using the iPad to remotely control a computer attached to the desk without having a specific app?  It should be a simple matter of wireless remote.

Not with the Soundcraft. In the current software versions, you can only use *either* the surface *or* the software to control the processing engine, not both at the same time. Soundcraft is aware that a lot of us want to see simultaneous control, but hasn't been able to implement it yet.

--A
Andy Leviss
Broadway/Concert/Corporate/Broadcast Sound Engineer
ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrian, AVIXA CTS
IATSE Local 1, USA829

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:38 AM »

I don't know if you've made a purchase, but an SiVi Control iPad App seems, imminent. They've been talking about on their facebook page.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 12:41:38 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.