ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL Vertec Vectorworks Symbols  (Read 6486 times)

Edward Gonzalez

JBL Vertec Vectorworks Symbols
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »

I am looking for JBL Vertec Vectorworks Symbols?  We are switching our cad program to Vectorworks the program comes with Atlas Sound, D&B, EAW, and Meyers speaker boxes.
Thanks

JohnGarlick

Re: JBL Vertec Vectorworks Symbols
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »

Looks like you need to sell all your Vertec!  ;D

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »

I am looking for JBL Vertec Vectorworks Symbols?  We are switching our cad program to Vectorworks the program comes with Atlas Sound, D&B, EAW, and Meyers speaker boxes.
Thanks

Most speaker companies have downloadable dxf or dwg files of their products. Either can be imported into VW. I just draw my own, do they really need all the screw heads and corner radius.

Mac

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »

JBL has dxf files on their download site of an eight wrap Vertec drawing with fly frame for at least the 4888s that imported into my Vectorworks 12.5 very nicely ( which means it was created with an older version of AutoCad ).  As Mac says the manufacturers CAD drawings are usually over kill.  Ever look at a PM5D drawing imported from the YAmaha CAD on a plan of a 10,000 seat room?  Looks a bit silly and Vectorworks really appreciates trying to render every knob and switch each time you change views.  My current speaker symbols for plan drawings are simply the fly frame over laying a single box plus an arc of the appropriate coverage angle for that speaker extended to the average throw I expect to use those speakers at.  Makes visualizing patterns and especially overlaps much easier.

Thanks

Edward Gonzalez

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »

Thanks
Found a plugin for Vectorworks made by Landru Design for making speaker arrays.
Here is the link http://landrudesign.com/DefaultFrameSet.htm?index.htm~LandruMnFrm

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.