Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Compact, high spl, tech rider friendly monitor wedge recommendations?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Marsellus Fariss:

--- Quote from: brian frost on June 02, 2011, 04:55:36 PM ---I searched in the forums for similar content, but couldn't find anything recent...Apologies if I've overlooked a key thread.

I'm in the market for 6x compact, high spl monitor wedges for a regular venue gig mixing bands from foh. My budget is up to $2k ea retail. Tech rider friendly boxes ( w regard to branding ) is a must, as I'm trying to leverage the new purchase to seek new rentals of said monitor package outside of my current regular venue.

Recommendations anyone?

--- End quote ---

EV XW12a
Radian Microwedge or Apex 15's would actually be my first choice for passive use.
JBL VRX915M, or SRX712M

For 2k a box you kind of have your pick of lots of new stuff and maybe some used L'Acoustic, EAW Microwedges or even Clair 12AM's if you make sure their in decent shape and you get the processing in the deal.

John Schimpf:

--- Quote from: brian frost on June 02, 2011, 04:55:36 PM ---I searched in the forums for similar content, but couldn't find anything recent...Apologies if I've overlooked a key thread.

I'm in the market for 6x compact, high spl monitor wedges for a regular venue gig mixing bands from foh. My budget is up to $2k ea retail. Tech rider friendly boxes ( w regard to branding ) is a must, as I'm trying to leverage the new purchase to seek new rentals of said monitor package outside of my current regular venue.

Recommendations anyone?

--- End quote ---

Hey Brian,

What about a used Clair 12AM package? You can find them on soundbroker.com with amps ready to go. They are not too big, and sound great. Everyone knows them so they are good for rentals. I still associate those with top quality all around. You can likely pick up a package for relatively little money since they have been out for a while now and save some cash in the process.

John

Jim McKeveny:
JBL SRX 712m. I have found they work best when bi-amped. Great light weight in addition to very good sonic behavior. They are also consistent across a span of serial nos., not always the case in live audio..

Take the Clair name off of the 12am and they ain't that great by modern standards.

Tom Hester:

--- Quote from: Jason Raboin on June 02, 2011, 05:54:26 PM ---I like the Microwedge, but recently fell in love with the Martin LE 1200 that RMB Audio provided for a show.  I'm not positive of the price, but think they come in around $2000.  There is also the D&B Max 12.  Again, not sure of the price.

The JBL 712 is a fine wedge, and I have found it sounds best powered passively by a beefy amp, but I think all of the above wedges are capable of higher fidelity.

--- End quote ---

Max 12 comes in under $2000, and you can use it with any amp. Sounds great!

brian frost:
thanks everyone for their input.  Im leaning towards the Martin LE1200s at this point... but haven't gotten a final quote on them yet.  I'll let you know which way I end up going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version