ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ System Pics  (Read 112594 times)

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
Re: DJ System Pics
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »

Are all those speakers really necessary just for DJ monitors?  (middle picture)

What speakers are you referring to?  The four towers are the PA, the sidefill and buttfill are the monitor system.  Was that overkill? Sort of.  The sidefills on their own would have been driven to limit all night, and one artist's rider required buttfill.  The coax wedges upfront were for a couple MC's.  I wouldn't have wanted anything less on the monitor end.  The smallest stage (just beside the dance tent) had KF850 over sb850 as texas headphones.  They too requested more, so additional sb850's were brought in with some SM500's as buttfill.  Too much is just right!
Yep.  I was just speaking of all the speakers on the immediate stage surrounding the DJ table and in the rear of their table.  I've never spun in such environments so I guess it's over my head.  I'd be one of those DJ's requesting you turn the monitors down as I tend to like the thought of long-term good hearing :-)
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »

What speakers are you referring to?  The four towers are the PA, the sidefill and buttfill are the monitor system.  Was that overkill? Sort of.  The sidefills on their own would have been driven to limit all night, and one artist's rider required buttfill.  The coax wedges upfront were for a couple MC's.  I wouldn't have wanted anything less on the monitor end.  The smallest stage (just beside the dance tent) had KF850 over sb850 as texas headphones.  They too requested more, so additional sb850's were brought in with some SM500's as buttfill.  Too much is just right!

Yep.  I was just speaking of all the speakers on the immediate stage surrounding the DJ table and in the rear of their table.  I've never spun in such environments so I guess it's over my head.  I'd be one of those DJ's requesting you turn the monitors down as I tend to like the thought of long-term good hearing :-)

The monitor systems were actually quite modest and reasonable compared to most EDM events IMO.

This entire event is obscenely loud.   I had Westone foam IEMs in to be able to hear the radio and still felt that I could have used more reduction. The tent pictured is the second smallest of four stages (others were SL100, SL250, SL320) in a surprisingly small area.  A little speaker on a stick would get destroyed trying to keep up, especially over the course of a 16 hour event.

I shared the tent photos because it's a fairly unusual setup compared the the usual L/R hangs off a stageline that we've all seen before.  The design was not mine (though I had some input), but the idea was to create a nightclub atmosphere in a giant tent.  We were successful in that regard.  The line array towers almost became set pieces, and the aesthetic of the sound system is almost as important as the function for EDM. 

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »

One of hte reasons for massive monitoring systems is to attempt to drown out the delayed PA arrival at DJ mixer.  I once had the issue at a club where  turbosound tms-3s as monitors were the solution to compete with the PA.  The club's first attempt was a single yamaha particle board pole mount speaker, lol

Benjamin Krumholz

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »

MARLOW!!!! Thanks for Posting the Pics.. This show was awesome! See ya next year hopefuly!

Not my system, but I thought this might interest people.  All the companies were great to work with and the lighting guys happily let me use their (compatible) motor control to drop the PA when a fuse blew on the starter of the sound generator.  Team work and patience  after a 24 hour call is always nice to see!

Towers are Applied Line Array towers from Light Action in Delaware
PA is 6 4888DP per tower (four corners) and 18 4880 subs from MSI
Sidefills are JBL VP, Buttfill is VRX with an old MSI sub
DJ system was one DJM 900, two CDJ2K's, two tech 12's, one DJM 800 and two CDJ1K's, all from Tripp Sound in Philly

Lighting was someone else's job - Road hog and Mac 700's I think...  By Afterglow
The fan 'thing' behind the booth was compliments of the video guys - company unknown.

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »

Block Party. Custom Boxes. Vibrant Soundz NYC.

Stephen Snipes

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 12:12:30 PM »

2 EV Zxa5 90
2 JBL VRX918sp

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »

Are all those speakers really necessary just for DJ monitors?  (middle picture)

You think that's overkill?

Take a look at this:

That's a Dynacord COBRA-4 system, 4x Cobra-4 TOP & 4 COBRA-PWH subs, powered with 4x Dynacord Power-H 5000's (2500w/ch@4ohms). Just for monitors.

Sasha Marine

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »

That looks like the Roseland, their sidefill system is often used for DJs which is a 4x15" top on a 4x15" sub perside. Insane!

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 06:23:17 AM »

I think that the SENSATION events can classify as best DJ sound system applications.

A very challenging event for all of the crew, rigging, lights, video, pyro and sound.

Take a look at the gallery if you are not familiar with it.

http://www.sensation.com/world/en/photos/index/netherlands

And whatch the video (full screen and full resolution)

http://www.sensation.com/great-britain/en/news/index/568/post-event-movie-smirnoff-presents-sensation
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:27:39 AM by Marjan Milosevic »

Brian Alleyne

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »

That looks like the Roseland, their sidefill system is often used for DJs which is a 4x15" top on a 4x15" sub perside. Insane!
the spl must be ridiculous

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.