ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ System Pics  (Read 112592 times)

Sean Brown

DJ System Pics
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »

Ok guy/gals.  Let's see some Pics of your DJ systems.  Large or Small.....  At gigs or at home......  Doesn't matter just post them.

I'll go first

(4) OSC K12
(4) Danley TH-115
(1) Crown I-Tech 8000
(2) Denon s3700 Media Players
(1) Ecler Nuo 3.0 Mixer

Fernando Lopez

Re: DJ System Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:20:32 AM »

4 EV ZX5-60
2 Danley TH-118
3 EV CP 4000S
Numark NS7

Michael Storey

• San Jose, CA
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »

Ok guy/gals.  Let's see some Pics of your DJ systems.  Large or Small.....  At gigs or at home......  Doesn't matter just post them.

I'll go first

(4) OSC K12
(4) Danley TH-115
(1) Crown I-Tech 8000
(2) Denon s3700 Media Players
(1) Ecler Nuo 3.0 Mixer

Larger System:

JBL SRX 725's
JBL SRX 728's
PRX Monitor
Yorkville AP 6040's
Elation Power Spot 250's
Global Truss
Technics 1200's & Rane TTM-57

Smaller System (gets brought out more often than not now days):

JBL PRX 615m's
JBL PRX 612m (monitor)
JBL SRX 718s
XTI on the subs
Technics 1200's & Rane TTM-57
ADJ Revo-3 & Color Pallets

Alexander Bustos

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

Shot at 2011-05-10

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »

This setup wasn't my prettiest but I had no room for the facade nor my newly purchased Scrim Kings (speaker tripod versions).  This was an all-ladies event in downtown Atlanta.

My new ETC Source Four Jr. Zoom with custom gobo.  It was set up on a tripod which turned out really nice.  The promoter was more than pleased.

I had 2 EV QRX212/75's on covered scaffolding (Thanx Mike Christy) and two center clustered Danley TH-118's on the dancefloor.  For lighting, I had 2 Global Truss tripods with pairs of ADJ Megapixals, Martin SCX700's and 500's.

I had 1 EV ZXa5 in the elevated VIP section.

... and now, on to the damage the bass from my 2 Danley TH-118's did to the venue

... Below were the remnants at the end of the night.  This is the 2nd gig I've done this year were something fell from the ceiling.  Luckily, no one was injured when they fell.  The promoter said the owner was gonna hold her liable for the damages but it seems that maybe his ceiling components weren't screwed down too well (these subs have a way of revealing such flaws).  He asked that I lower the bass but that was defeating the purpose (I still obliged).  He said this had never happened before and that they had "Kid Capri" DJ'ing there and didn't have problems with things falling from the ceiling.  Kid Capri wasn't playing on Danley subs...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:05:49 PM by Reggie Kendrick »
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Tracy Garner

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:34:22 PM »

This setup wasn't my prettiest but I had no room for the facade nor my newly purchased Scrim Kings (speaker tripod versions).  This was an all-ladies event in downtown Atlanta.

My new ETC Source Four Jr. Zoom with custom gobo.  It was set up on a tripod which turned out really nice.  The promoter was more than pleased.

I had 2 EV QRX212/75's on covered scaffolding (Thanx Mike Christy) and two center clustered Danley TH-118's on the dancefloor.  For lighting, I had 2 Global Truss tripods with pairs of ADJ Megapixals, Martin SCX700's and 500's.

I had 1 EV ZXa5 in the elevated VIP section.

... and now, on to the damage the bass from my 2 Danley TH-118's did to the venue

... Below were the remnants at the end of the night.  This is the 2nd gig I've done this year were something fell from the ceiling.  Luckily, no one was injured when they fell.  The promoter said the owner was gonna hold her liable for the damages but it seems that maybe his ceiling components weren't screwed down too well (these subs have a way of revealing such flaws).  He asked that I lower the bass but that was defeating the purpose (I still obliged).  He said this had never happened before and that they had "Kid Capri" DJ'ing there and didn't have problems with things falling from the ceiling.  Kid Capri wasn't playing on Danley subs...

Hey - The gobo is a nice effect. I have a 22 foot box truck I usually park in front of most gigs. You gave me the idea of planting my logo on the side of that truck for advertising. This is also an awesome idea to place a custom gobo on the wall (inside or outside).

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »

Not my system, but I thought this might interest people.  All the companies were great to work with and the lighting guys happily let me use their (compatible) motor control to drop the PA when a fuse blew on the starter of the sound generator.  Team work and patience  after a 24 hour call is always nice to see!

Towers are Applied Line Array towers from Light Action in Delaware
PA is 6 4888DP per tower (four corners) and 18 4880 subs from MSI
Sidefills are JBL VP, Buttfill is VRX with an old MSI sub
DJ system was one DJM 900, two CDJ2K's, two tech 12's, one DJM 800 and two CDJ1K's, all from Tripp Sound in Philly

Lighting was someone else's job - Road hog and Mac 700's I think...  By Afterglow
The fan 'thing' behind the booth was compliments of the video guys - company unknown.

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »

Part 2

Artist pics by Ashley Suszczynsky from http://www.americasbestdj.net/bestdj/photo.htm

Note the dust on the gear - this is why DJ gear is so f*ing expensive to rent!!! (and should be!)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:39:31 PM by Marlow Wilson »

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »

Not my system, but I thought this might interest people.  All the companies were great to work with and the lighting guys happily let me use their (compatible) motor control to drop the PA when a fuse blew on the starter of the sound generator.  Team work and patience  after a 24 hour call is always nice to see!

Towers are Applied Line Array towers from Light Action in Delaware
PA is 6 4888DP per tower (four corners) and 18 4880 subs from MSI
Sidefills are JBL VP, Buttfill is VRX with an old MSI sub
DJ system was one DJM 900, two CDJ2K's, two tech 12's, one DJM 800 and two CDJ1K's, all from Tripp Sound in Philly

Lighting was someone else's job - Road hog and Mac 700's I think...  By Afterglow
The fan 'thing' behind the booth was compliments of the video guys - company unknown.
Are all those speakers really necessary just for DJ monitors?  (middle picture)
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »

Are all those speakers really necessary just for DJ monitors?  (middle picture)

What speakers are you referring to?  The four towers are the PA, the sidefill and buttfill are the monitor system.  Was that overkill? Sort of.  The sidefills on their own would have been driven to limit all night, and one artist's rider required buttfill.  The coax wedges upfront were for a couple MC's.  I wouldn't have wanted anything less on the monitor end.  The smallest stage (just beside the dance tent) had KF850 over sb850 as texas headphones.  They too requested more, so additional sb850's were brought in with some SM500's as buttfill.  Too much is just right!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:48:20 AM by Marlow Wilson »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.