ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC KW153 Dollies or Wheels??  (Read 9864 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: QSC KW153 Dollies or Wheels??
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »

This works well if you have venues with steps, curbs or stairs,

I think the lightweight alloy ones are superior to the inexpensive steel ones and worth the extra cost.

Can you explain why, and perhaps suggest some name brands?

I've had no problems with this one, and it's not lightweight alloy, but it works and for <$100, not bad.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100071520/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Albert Thomas

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »

I love to use a hand truck but...here is a tip!  Get a hand truck with rubber inflatable tires! Why you ask?
Suspension!  The rubber tires give and your gear isnt banging on the concrete with hard tires!
Going up and down steps? No problem the rubber tires absorb the shock as you go down from step to step with you gear on it!  The rubber tires that take 30lbs of pressure takes that shock off your gear....

Ditto on large pneumatic wheels, makes things go so smooth! I use the hand truck the most but I also take a small (24" x 32") movers dolly along. It's handy when there's stairs so I can have someone move everything with the dolly from the stage to the stairs while I just keep using the hand truck to bring things downstairs.
BTW - curved staircases suck  >:(

David Parker

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »

I have a pair of QSC kw153's and was wondering if anyone else had made/designed anything to transport these speakers, maybe as a pair, other tha individually on a hand truck? Pics maybe??
I love to use a hand truck but...here is a tip!  Get a hand truck with rubber inflatable tires! Why you ask?
Suspension!  The rubber tires give and your gear isnt banging on the concrete with hard tires!
Going up and down steps? No problem the rubber tires absorb the shock as you go down from step to step with you gear on it!  The rubber tires that take 30lbs of pressure takes that shock off your gear....

I've been doing this 20 years, and I've got a couple of hand trucks with pneumatic tires I've had most of that time. Paid $25 for them, and they've paid for themselves many times over. The big advantage is that they absorb shock and roll easily over rough terrain, be it gravel or brick sidewalk, or even a curb. You can pull a heavy load up and over a curb with the larger tires, or even go down stairs with them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.