ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arraying EAW JF56NT boxes  (Read 5076 times)

Jerry Turnbow

• Sound On Site Audio Services, LLC
Arraying EAW JF56NT boxes
« on: May 31, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »

Has anyone had any experience arraying the (relatively) new EAW JF56NT cabinets?

I have an application where we may want to put two arrays in a "gym-a-torium" coming up.  I've had and used the earlier NT29's and NT59's and I think this would be a good solution, assuming the boxes play well together when closely coupled.

Thanks!

Jerry Turnbow
Sound On Site Audio Services, LLC

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Arraying EAW JF56NT boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:02:06 AM »

EAW doesn't even have final product data posted for the JF56NT but since they show a high pass filter with a 'coupled' mode, it seems they intended them to be used in arrays.  At the same time, while the nominal horizontal pattern is 60 degreees, the datasheet show the pattern being wider than that until well above 10kHz and what looks closer to maybe a 70 to 75 degree pattern over most of the operating range, so they may array with a wider pattern than one would assume from the 60 degree value.

Joe Fustolo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »

Hey Guys,

The final product data is indeed on the website just in a different location.. on our FTP site the final spec sheet is located here:
ftp://ftp.eaw.com/EAW/Loudspeaker_Product_Info/Current_Loudspeakers/JF56nt/JF56NT_SPECS_revA.pdf

As they are very similar to the older NT series, yes they can be used as a single loudspeaker, floor monitor, or used as a horizontally arrayed cluster.
To help further clarify, the "Coupled Mode" is to aid in smoothing out the frequency response whether in a horizontally arrayed or half space condition while trying to preserve the tonality of the loudspeakers.
The "Monitor Mode" EQ's some of the Mid Frequencies to help aid in more gain before feedback in a true live monitor wedge application.

If there are any further questions about this please feel free to contact me directly.
Joe Fustolo
Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Renkus Heinz

Jerry Turnbow

• Sound On Site Audio Services, LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:59:47 PM »

Hey Guys,

The final product data is indeed on the website just in a different location.. on our FTP site the final spec sheet is located here:
ftp://ftp.eaw.com/EAW/Loudspeaker_Product_Info/Current_Loudspeakers/JF56nt/JF56NT_SPECS_revA.pdf

As they are very similar to the older NT series, yes they can be used as a single loudspeaker, floor monitor, or used as a horizontally arrayed cluster.
To help further clarify, the "Coupled Mode" is to aid in smoothing out the frequency response whether in a horizontally arrayed or half space condition while trying to preserve the tonality of the loudspeakers.
The "Monitor Mode" EQ's some of the Mid Frequencies to help aid in more gain before feedback in a true live monitor wedge application.

If there are any further questions about this please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks, Joe!  Will do next time.  (I've been off the forum a bit, and for some reason didn't get notified of responses to my post via e-mail, like I normally do.)

For what it's worth, the job went south.  They went with another company, and while details are scant, I believe they spent about twice what they needed to on a higher end digital console, rather than put their money where it was most needed in better loudspeakers.

-Loud Tech Alumnus, Jerry Turnbow
Jerry Turnbow
Sound On Site Audio Services, LLC

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »

For what it's worth, the job went south.  They went with another company, and while details are scant, I believe they spent about twice what they needed to on a higher end digital console, rather than put their money where it was most needed in better loudspeakers.

-Loud Tech Alumnus, Jerry Turnbow
I have seen this happen a number of times.  For some reason, people think a new shiny digital console will somehow solve their current loudspeakers coverage/sound problems. ???

What they fail to realize is what the REAL problem is.

I would not give up on the client.  When they realize that the new console did not solve their problems, then you can step back in and offer a real solution to their problem.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.