ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulk Wire & Connectors: Where to Buy?  (Read 6985 times)

Nick Bair

Bulk Wire & Connectors: Where to Buy?
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »

I've reached the point where I'm ready to stock my own bulk wire for the church. I would also like to keep a supply of 1/4" phone plugs, RCA connectors, and the like. Where is the best place to buy this stuff?

I see that monoprice.com sells some of this stuff. Any other suggestions?

Mike Spitzer

Re: Bulk Wire & Connectors: Where to Buy?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 08:05:27 AM »

You can sometimes gets good deals at cablestogo.com. Look around for coupons. Otherwise, I buy most of my stuff from Markertek. The prices are good and I've never had any trouble with any of the connectors I've purchased from them. I'm sure there are plenty of others, though.

-mS

Arnold B. Krueger

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »

I've reached the point where I'm ready to stock my own bulk wire for the church. I would also like to keep a supply of 1/4" phone plugs, RCA connectors, and the like. Where is the best place to buy this stuff?

Markertek
Northern Sound And Light
Full Compass
Parts Express
eBay
NewEgg if computer related

Art Hays

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:26:22 PM »

If you mean you are going to buy cable, connectors, crimpers, etc. and solder or crimp your own cables then www.newark.com and www.digikey.com are electronics parts distributors to the electronics industry.  They are both so big that you kind of have to know what you want already.  Searching their catalogs is daunting.  The sites mentioned above are more approachable because they already have selected the parts suitable for the a/v world.

Brian Ehlers

• West Michigan
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »

Have you checked out any local Pro Audio providers and/or electrical supply houses?  I can buy good quality wire and connectors from both types of places locally for the same price as on-line (or lower) and not have to pay shipping.  An added bonus is building a relationship with someone local, which provides benefits in other ways.  Also, when I deal with a local Pro Audio provider, I am able to reap benefits from their knowledge.  They know what brand and type of monitor speaker cable lays the flattest and coils nicest, so they stock it all the time for their own use and will sell it to me cut to length or in spools.  They know which connectors are reliable and easy to solder because they do it all the time, so they stock those.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:57:21 PM by Brian Ehlers »

Jeff Foster

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

Audiopile.net

They are all I use right now.  The only stuff I don't get from them is stuff they don't have.  Mark and Liz are great, their products are good, and their prices are very reasonable.  I have used nearly all the other vendors mentioned in this thread in my 20+ years of pro audio, but I have never found any cable/connector vendor with service as good as Audiopile.

I recently completed an install where I ordered all the cabling and connectors from them.  I ordered them online on a Friday evening.  I realized immediately after submitting the order that I forgot one thing, so I called them to see if I could leave a message.  When I called, it was about ten minutes after their scheduled closing time.  Liz still answered the phone - and took the time to edit my order and make sure I had everything I needed before hanging up.  She went out of her way to help me even though it was after closing time on a Friday evening.  You just can't get that kind of service from anyone else.

I simply cannot say enough good things about them.
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Niels Hempel

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »

Have you checked out any local Pro Audio providers and/or electrical supply houses?  I can buy good quality wire and connectors from both types of places locally for the same price as on-line (or lower) and not have to pay shipping.  An added bonus is building a relationship with someone local, which provides benefits in other ways.  Also, when I deal with a local Pro Audio provider, I am able to reap benefits from their knowledge.  They know what brand and type of monitor speaker cable lays the flattest and coils nicest, so they stock it all the time for their own use and will sell it to me cut to length or in spools.  They know which connectors are reliable and easy to solder because they do it all the time, so they stock those.

+1   8)
Niels Hempel
Tri-Tronics Professional Electronics, NC
www.tri-tronicsproelectronics.com
A/V Sales

mark ahlenius

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »

Hi,

when I did our church sound system design/install I setup an account at Gepco Intl.  (http://www.gepco.com/).  They have a distribution ctr  near us in Des Plaines, IL, and I found their cable quality very good.  I bought and made all our snakes  as they were built-ins.  They have a great assortment to select from.

I also use FullCompass.com for connectors.  I have found over the years that I prefer Neutrik connectors.  I like their quality and how easily they solder/assemble.    I know there are lots of opinions and different brands to choose from.  Their price at FC is quite competitive and they stand behind the products they sell.

hth

'mark

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

Neutrik connectors from FullCompass.  Wire from your favorite Horizon dealer.

Mike McNany

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

www.cameltrader.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.