ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Sound 700HP or NEXO?  (Read 7354 times)

Luis Lopez

Meyer Sound 700HP or NEXO?
« on: May 28, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »

Hello gentleman,

I am starting a rental services company for live events, can anyone provide feedbacks about the Meyer Sound 700HP subwoofer? I am planning to purchase 4 of these units, any comments about NEXO, FTB or EAW?.

Thanks for the responses.

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
Re: Meyer Sound 700HP or NEXO?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 06:00:08 PM »

Hello gentleman,

I am starting a rental services company for live events, can anyone provide feedbacks about the Meyer Sound 700HP subwoofer? I am planning to purchase 4 of these units, any comments about NEXO, FTB or EAW?.

Thanks for the responses.

If you have to ask that question, you may not be ready to start a company. I would spend more time making a business plan, rather than dream about what speakers to buy at this point.

The service you provide is more important than what brand of speaker you own, in a lot of cases.

I hope that was not too harsh, and I wish you good luck... you will need it!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »

If you have to ask that question, you may not be ready to start a company. I would spend more time making a business plan, rather than dream about what speakers to buy at this point.

The service you provide is more important than what brand of speaker you own, in a lot of cases.

I hope that was not too harsh, and I wish you good luck... you will need it!
+1.

What about the rest of the sytem he has?  What type of events?  Small club jazz or metal outdoors.  There IS a difference.

Is self powered important or would seperate amp powered make more sense for the setup-that we know nothing about.

Without more details about "the plan" there is no way to know what cabinets would make sense.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Luis Lopez

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 10:10:18 AM »

Hello,

I will be working with the Spanish Rock scene, mostly outdoors, self powered systems makes more sense, because we have less equipment for transportation, as far is the line array system the FTB the MITUS 206L will  be probably our choice, we still testing other brands.

+1.

What about the rest of the sytem he has?  What type of events?  Small club jazz or metal outdoors.  There IS a difference.

Is self powered important or would seperate amp powered make more sense for the setup-that we know nothing about.

Without more details about "the plan" there is no way to know what cabinets would make sense.

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 01:48:24 PM »

Hello,

I will be working with the Spanish Rock scene, mostly outdoors, self powered systems makes more sense, because we have less equipment for transportation, as far is the line array system the FTB the MITUS 206L will  be probably our choice, we still testing other brands.

What about other vendors in the area? What can you supplement when you do not have enough? How long have you worked in this "scene" ? What are riders requesting? FTB and Mitus have not been on any riders I have ever seen.

Good Luck

Luis Lopez

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »

Hello,

I had been working in this scene for 15 years, between USA and South America, not in the live audio section but professional video production, we get a lot of requests for live audio services, for this reason we know there is a market for us, so far the best deep bass sound I have heard comes from the Meyer Sound 700HP (We get 80% of requests for this sub) as for the line array system... d&b audiotechnik J8 and Martin Audio MLA get the most requests, I am looking to test the MILO 120 system in a few days.

What about other vendors in the area? What can you supplement when you do not have enough? How long have you worked in this "scene" ? What are riders requesting? FTB and Mitus have not been on any riders I have ever seen.

Good Luck

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.