ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best method for cleaning gunk off of wedges?  (Read 2934 times)

Chris Barclift

Best method for cleaning gunk off of wedges?
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »

I recently acquired 4 stage monitors from a local club. When I took the grills off , it looked as though they were growing hair (beer , dust , vomit , etc.) I went to work on one of them for about an hour with a rag , and it still looks like hell. Does anyone have any tips for a faster method?

Matt Young

Re: Best method for cleaning gunk off of wedges?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 01:49:45 PM »

I recently acquired 4 stage monitors from a local club. When I took the grills off , it looked as though they were growing hair (beer , dust , vomit , etc.) I went to work on one of them for about an hour with a rag , and it still looks like hell. Does anyone have any tips for a faster method?

Are we talking about the grills or enclosures here?
Grill:

Pressure wash

Enclosure:

What are they made of and what sort of coating do they have? Assuming some sort of non rat fur covering:

Remove drivers and pressure wash. The amount of crud that will come off is incredible. If they're wood, put a fan on them overnight to dry.  Depending how much you care about these, and whether they're wood or not, my next step would be get a dual action sander, and sand them down to almost bare wood. I'd start at 80 grit, maybe a little coarser depending on what's already on there. Chase that with some 120 and apply bed liner du jour.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »

Goo Gone.

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Gus Housen

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »

I use a steaming hot damp/moist rag.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.