ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equipment Inventory Management  (Read 10403 times)

Josh Lyon

Equipment Inventory Management
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »

Well, I've been given the daunting task of creating an inventory of all our churches sound, lighting, and video equipment. I'd love to put it in some sort of easily updatable database versus something like excel - so I was wondering if anyone knows of any good management software for inventories? The few I've found are mostly point of sale oriented, which is not something we'd use.

Thank you for your help!

Brian Gowing

• Gowing Associates
Re: Equipment Inventory Management
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:08:02 PM »

Well, I've been given the daunting task of creating an inventory of all our churches sound, lighting, and video equipment. I'd love to put it in some sort of easily updatable database versus something like excel - so I was wondering if anyone knows of any good management software for inventories? The few I've found are mostly point of sale oriented, which is not something we'd use.

Thank you for your help!

If you're familiar with Microsoft Access or at least have it somewhere check out the Asset Management database template. It's free and it works for stuff I need to inventory.
Brian Gowing
Technical Consultant
Christian & Missionary Alliance
Gowing Associates

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »

I've modified this Microsoft Access Database template to meet my needs. Not much modification was necessary. This one allows you to attach photos of the items.

Of course, this requires Microsoft Access 2007, which is part of the Microsoft Office Professional suite. It can be purchased separately, too. But that costs money.

If you don't want to pay for Access, you could try the free Open Office. I just found this Inventory Database template for Open Office. I haven't even looked at it, but it may work just fine.

And a couple others I found, too, but they are spreadsheet-driven rather than a database application.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.