ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RE: Online Education  (Read 3158 times)

Brent Venter

RE: Online Education
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »

Hi Guys

Understanding that face to face hands on experience is the best option does anyone have personal feedback on the new online education medium? My question is aimed at a live sound/mixing perspective.

I have found two good "looking" courses one from Berklee in Boston and the other shorter course through the SAE Online website, both aimed at Live Sound.

As I am not extremely new to the subject just wanted some good feedback if these are worth the money understanding that it is not comprehensive and encompassing.

Thanks
Shake & Bake

Eric Hermle

Re: RE: Online Education
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »

I was just looking at SynAudCon's website and their information on their Web-Based training.  I've been thinking about going to one or two of their seminars and now with the Web-Based, may not have to travel.  Just another possibility.

E

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:20:42 AM »

I was just looking at SynAudCon's website and their information on their Web-Based training.  I've been thinking about going to one or two of their seminars and now with the Web-Based, may not have to travel.

Do it, do it, do it!  I went to the one in Pittsburgh and it was a fantastic learning experience.  The online training is nice, too - great for wrapping your head around complex concepts through repetition.  I'd still recommend attending a seminar; I paid out-of-pocket to go (I think I was the only one not affiliated with a company) and would gladly do it again if money permitted.

To the OP: stick around here and browse the "old" forums.  You'll find no better online source for SR.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:44:29 AM »

SynAudCon is a great resource, I started attending over 20 years ago and have enjoyed every class and workshop I've attended over the years.  However, this also shows the dilemma in live sound as SynAudCon may be a great resource to gain insights on many of the technical basics as well as gain structure, system tuning, etc. but they do not usually get into topics such as how to create a good sounding mix.  Conversely, there are courses and books that focus on creating a good mix or how to listen but that may skip more technical aspects (or that address them poorly).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:44:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.