ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a design and install service provider  (Read 4394 times)

Mark McFarlane

Looking for a design and install service provider
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »

I'm looking to source a couple of names for a company to do either a system design or possibly a complete design and installation for a community theatre (~300 people ). Venue is used for live sound music, live theatre, and movies.  The movie sound system is already in place (but poorly installed) and not really suitable for live theatre and concerts.

The location is in the Middle East.

The ideal service provider will have references working on live theatre and concert venues.

Please write me offline at markamcfarlane (at) hotmail for more details and if possible, send a link to your website.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:39:57 AM by Mark McFarlane »
Mark McFarlane

Mark McFarlane

Re: Looking for a design and install service provider
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

I typed my email incorrectly, it should be

markamcfarlane (at) hotmail .

Sorry folks.

Also, if anyone can recommend a third-party company rather than their own, that would be fine.  Hopefully mention of 'the Middle East' isn't scaring everyone off.  It's safer here where I live than living in LA or New York.
Mark McFarlane

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »

I'd love to hear from a few more people.  I need to send in my recommendation in the next few days. 

Total budget for the design, purchase and install is still up in the air, but likely in the 100-300K range. 

My expectation is we will fly someone out for a week to a) review the current system and venue, b) interview the main venue user groups for requirements, and c) write a proposal for the design (or a few alternatives) with at least equipment cost estimates.

There may be some lighting involved, but I think it will only involve replacing some fixtures and a couple spots.

I wrote the initial proposal for this project (after running FOH sound at the venue a few times).  My proposal was approved for action, but the actual execution of the design and install will be coordinated by someone responsible for the facility, I just work the venue occasionally as a freelance sound guy, but I also work for the company that owns the venue. 

Based on history, the project will drag on for many, many months, but I need to submit a list of pre-qualified consultants next week.

Certainly someone wants to come to the desert this summer and enjoy the local food and 120+ heat :).

I can provide more details by private email.
Mark McFarlane

Garnett Alexander

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:24:05 PM »

Hi mark

mail me some more details: [email protected]
www.ligwa.co.uk
The Way For Bespoke Installations

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:27:28 PM »

Hi mark

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section.

Mac

Garnett Alexander

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:49 AM »

Hi mark

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section.

Mac

oopps! sorry
www.ligwa.co.uk
The Way For Bespoke Installations

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:36:32 AM »

I'm looking to source a couple of names for a company...

My thanks to everyone who responded.  I have submitted my recommendations so please consider this request as closed.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:36:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.