ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me buy the LAST foh tent ever  (Read 10899 times)

Martin Bilecki

• WWW.PerformanceSound.com
Please help me buy the LAST foh tent ever
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »

I'm exhausted looking in the archives..   Please help me with some guidance on a pro 10 x 10 or 12 x 12 if it exists FOH Canopy tent..    No more EZ ups for me..    A pro caliber tent.. 

thanks   

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
Re: Please help me buy the LAST foh tent ever
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:54:36 PM »

I bought one of this company's 10 x 10 canopies after using EZ-ups that lasted only one season.  Very sturdy frame and the fabric is heavy duty.

www.kdkanopy.com

Edit: fixed link
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:24:20 PM by Don Ernst »
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 01:47:21 AM »

I'm exhausted looking in the archives..   Please help me with some guidance on a pro 10 x 10 or 12 x 12 if it exists FOH Canopy tent..    No more EZ ups for me..    A pro caliber tent.. 

thanks   

http://www.kingcanopy.com/content/tuff-tent-instant.asp

Costco had these a few years back for $249, we bought two and they've been great to us so far. Very robust construction and they've never left me with the impression that something is on the verge of failing.

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »

I bought one of this company's 10 x 10 canopies after using EZ-ups that lasted only one season.  Very sturdy frame and the fabric is heavy duty.

www.kdcanopy.com

kdcanopy is a quality tool. Buy once, cry once.  I have 3.  Oldest frame is nearly 10 years old and works like new.  Tops should last 3 to 5 seasons depending.  Always transport and store the canopy removed from the frame and neatly folded.  Dark color canopies (I use black) greatly improve digital console screen visibility.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »

www.kdcanopy.com

That URL hasn't worked, so a Google search turns up this one instead:

http://www.kdkanopy.com/

Best regards,

John

Randall Hyde

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »

thanks   
EZ-Up does make a "professional-caliber" canopy. About 2-3x the price of the consumer variety and at least twice the weight (much heavier steel frame and much thicker fabric). Not to suggest it's the be-all, end-all, of canopies but it *will* last much longer than the consumer units they make.

Now whether it's the "last FOH tent ever" or not is a good question. I've never looked at kdcanopy, but based on reports here you might consider that.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »

Always transport and store the canopy removed from the frame and neatly folded.

Hi Steve,

This is very good advice.

I have a couple of KD canopies that I've had for at least 15 years, and the fabric smells a little funny (coated nylon does that after a while), but still work just fine. Additionally, my big concert series client has been providing a random FOH canopy for me from their inventory for about that long, and after getting tired of having to cover their canopies with a tarp to cover all the little holes, I persuaded them a few years ago to buy a new one every year, give it to me for use that summer, and then add it to their tent inventory, repeating the process next year. That way I always had a new one each season.

Their practice is to leave the skin attached to the frame for storage, and we did the same with their new canopies. I noticed that every new canopy had holes in it after a month or two, when my own canopies were still solid after many years of use. The difference had to be removing the top for storage.

Last year we made a point of storing the canopy separate from the frame, and it was still intact at the end of the season. Btw, I think that folding the canopy increases the likelihood of perforation compared to stuffing into a bag, as the creases become worn from repeated folding in the same place vs. creating random creases each time you stuff it into a bag.

Always nice to see your posts.

Take care,
Dan

Uwe Riemer

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »

thanks   

Hi,

you may look at mastertent.de, seems they sell in USA too.
We bought the economy version of a fastfolding tent 3m x 3m ( around 10 feet x 10 feet )
for around 700 Euros,
the pro version with no plastic parts except the canopy is around 1100 Euros

their homepage sucks a little bit, so better give them a call,

btw whats EZ ups ?

Uwe

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:29:31 AM »

Hi Dan!  Still kickin', ain't we buddy!  Cheers.  :)
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:18:28 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.