ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Bang for the Buck Hazer  (Read 12200 times)

Hal Harrison

• Harrison Production Services, LLC
    • Harrison Production Services, LLC
Best Bang for the Buck Hazer
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »

Hello all,

Looking for the best bang for the buck haze machine to use primarily with LEDs. The hazer will need to be able to cover about a 30'x20' stage with the use of a fan. I am not a lighting guy nor do I play one on TV but wanted to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Hal Harrison

James Feenstra

Re: Best Bang for the Buck Hazer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »

Hello all,

Looking for the best bang for the buck haze machine to use primarily with LEDs. The hazer will need to be able to cover about a 30'x20' stage with the use of a fan. I am not a lighting guy nor do I play one on TV but wanted to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Hal Harrison
A Radiance will run you about $1000 and should have no problems covering that area...it's also quite good on fluid (I go through a jug in about 60-70 shows) so keeps costs down in those regards

how powerful a hazer doesn't really depend on stage size and fixtures used...it depends on how big the room is and what kind of airflow there is. obviously with a state of the art HVAC system that's running full tilt through the summer in a large room, it'll take a lot more haze to get the same effect as in a tiny club with nothing more than window ac.

more people = more haze required as well, as people tend to eat it
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Kevin Esprella

• No Regret Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:33:31 AM »

+1 to Radiance hazer. Doesn't use a lot of fluid and has great output.

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »

Any unit lower than a Radiance doesn't even count. It is a prime example of getting what you pay for.

Chris Gruber

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »

Any unit lower than a Radiance doesn't even count. It is a prime example of getting what you pay for.

Even the $700 Neutron is a joke compared to the Radiance or a DF50.

Terry Martin

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »

Agreed.  I'm still on the original jug o fluid that I bought with the Radiance.  Its got about 200 club shows on it.  Its gettng low tho'. 

On board dmx and on board control.  Its an expensive hit, but I don't worry about the hazer either.   

Chad Costanzo

• Temecula, CA (San Diego, Riverside Area)
    • Pyxis Industries, Inc
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:14 PM »

For a Small production company the Antari HZ400 is a great unit
Chad Costanzo
Pyxis Industries, inc
www.PyxisIndustries.com
888-PYXISAV
Murrieta, CA

Full Service Audio, Lighting, Rigging, & Video Production Services

Dealer: EV, KT, Elation, Shure, AT, Da-Lite, Furman, Tascam, Midas, Road Ready, American DJ, Global Truss, CBI, Furman, Roland RSS, and More

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »

I have a bunch of ADJ Haze Generators in inventory that really do the trick. I put DF-50 fluid in them and haven't had a single problem. Add an AF-1 fan out front and the output and coverage is actually very good for a product at such a low price-point.
Ray Cerwinski

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »

I have a bunch of ADJ Haze Generators in inventory that really do the trick. I put DF-50 fluid in them and haven't had a single problem. Add an AF-1 fan out front and the output and coverage is actually very good for a product at such a low price-point.

If you are referring to the Oil based ADJ hazer with a compressor pump. I own one. I no longer use it. 
It is kind of loud for small venues. but mostly it leave a oily residue in all my gear with fans.  ( lights, Active speakers, vinyl records )

Tim Palmer

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »

Hello all,

Thanks
Hal Harrison
[
This is what I use, oil based. Just plug it in, turn it on and let it run all night, sips fluid, no problems http://starlight.com/neutron.html

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.