ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Headphone review: Sennheiser HD25 II vs. Beats Pro vs. Sony MDRV6/V700  (Read 51106 times)

John Lackner

Check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. The only DJ headphones to show up on Stereophile Magazine's  "Recommended Components" list.
Do you HEAR what you SEE? "Listen with your eyes, look with your ears" - Captain Beefheart

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions

Check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. The only DJ headphones to show up on Stereophile Magazine's  "Recommended Components" list.
I see plastic... lots of plastic.  Same 'ole cookie cutter design. Durability is key.
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Kyle_Jay

How about the Shure SRH750DJ's? Anybody here use those? Thats what i have and i seem to like them. Quality, and not bad on comfort, after all, that is exactly what they're designed for.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico

I see plastic... lots of plastic.  Same 'ole cookie cutter design. Durability is key.
If durability, isolation and sound quality are key, the GK Ultraphones are the way to go.

Sony 7506 elements in a Peltor deadphone, 30 dB isolation. Beat match at 100 dB with the PA at 130 dB. They do have slightly more bottom end than the 7506/V6.

You can buy the Peltor/3M muffs for like $20 at Home Depot, so replacing any breakable parts is cheap, though the GK Ultraphones are not.

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Art

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD

Back when I first joined the boards, I bought the GK's based on a recommendation.

It remains one of the best recommendations I have ever received.
Jay Barracato

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth

If durability, isolation and sound quality are key, the GK Ultraphones are the way to go.

Sony 7506 elements in a Peltor deadphone, 30 dB isolation. Beat match at 100 dB with the PA at 130 dB. They do have slightly more bottom end than the 7506/V6.

You can buy the Peltor/3M muffs for like $20 at Home Depot, so replacing any breakable parts is cheap, though the GK Ultraphones are not.

Expensive, but worth every penny.

Art

Art...

Gordy is good for any repairs.  All it costs is the postage to send them to him.

Hope to see you on Monday.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
Re: Headphone review: Sennheiser HD25 II vs. Beats Pro vs. Sony MDRV6/V700
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »

How about the Shure SRH750DJ's? Anybody here use those? Thats what i have and i seem to like them. Quality, and not bad on comfort, after all, that is exactly what they're designed for.

They sound crap - but maybe a little less so than 7506.  Can't discern the elements of the mix with either (nor with Senny280, Shure 880, or Shure 400 - which are the best of the bunch).  Still using my Extreme EX29s.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Headphone review: Sennheiser HD25 II vs. Beats Pro vs. Sony MDRV6/V700
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.