ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BassBoxPro 6 Software  (Read 15195 times)

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
BassBoxPro 6 Software
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:46:02 AM »

Hi Guys, i am new here.this is my first post.
I would like to talk about the BassBoxPro 6 as I am learning about it.
Can some one give some suggestion to apply it well ??
Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;
Let music comfort your pain...
http://www.icespeaker.com

Antone Atmarama Bajor

Re: BassBoxPro 6 Software
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »

Hi Guys, i am new here.this is my first post.
I would like to talk about the BassBoxPro 6 as I am learning about it.
Can some one give some suggestion to apply it well ??

Try and understand what all of the different graphs mean, and what consequences they may have for your desired results.

I find the Xmax graph very useful for designing sub-woofers.

I normally turn on the vent resonances option.

If a driver in the database is lacking in parameters, sometimes you can find it online, and sometimes, there are enough for Bass Box to calculate.

I always find that Bass Box Complains about most factory Parameters a little, perhaps its because reality, is less perfect than the math?

Do you have specific questions?

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:55:13 AM »

Try and understand what all of the different graphs mean, and what consequences they may have for your desired results.

I find the Xmax graph very useful for designing sub-woofers.

I normally turn on the vent resonances option.

If a driver in the database is lacking in parameters, sometimes you can find it online, and sometimes, there are enough for Bass Box to calculate.

I always find that Bass Box Complains about most factory Parameters a little, perhaps its because reality, is less perfect than the math?

Do you have specific questions?

Thanks for your reply,Antone.

what does the "Room" for ?? the curve always seems to be a smooth one for my many designs.

and the "Mechanical Configuration" for the driver(one driver) only offers one for choice ,the normal configuration,what can i do if i want to choose other configurations.

hope to get help from you.
Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;

Antone Atmarama Bajor

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:13:06 AM »

Thanks for your reply,Antone.

what does the "Room" for ?? the curve always seems to be a smooth one for my many designs.

and the "Mechanical Configuration" for the driver(one driver) only offers one for choice ,the normal configuration,what can i do if i want to choose other configurations.

hope to get help from you.

I don't know if there is a way to change Room effects.  I need to reinstall the software but, normally it treats the box like its in Half Space.  Which is useful for bass cabinets or subwoofers unless you are flying them in the air.

The Mechanical Alignment is for even sets of drivers.  You can either run normal or Push Pull.  Push pull reduces 2nd order harmonic distortion in the lower frequencies.  You just need to remember to reverse the phase of the reversed Driver so the cones both move the same way.  Otherwise you'll end up with a subwoofer thats great a canceling Fundamental pitch leaving harmonics and mechanical noise.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:38:17 AM »

I have found the Group Delay chart an interesting tutorial on the impulse response differences between the box designs - reflex v. bandpass, etc..

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »

I don't know if there is a way to change Room effects.  I need to reinstall the software but, normally it treats the box like its in Half Space.  Which is useful for bass cabinets or subwoofers unless you are flying them in the air.

The Mechanical Alignment is for even sets of drivers.  You can either run normal or Push Pull.  Push pull reduces 2nd order harmonic distortion in the lower frequencies.  You just need to remember to reverse the phase of the reversed Driver so the cones both move the same way.  Otherwise you'll end up with a subwoofer thats great a canceling Fundamental pitch leaving harmonics and mechanical noise.

i found the driver data base is out of date. some famous brands are not there. and the modle No. are different from what they are now ...

is there any patch to update the database ?? or do i need to input data to update

Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;

Lance Qu

• Engineer/Sales
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 09:30:16 PM »

I have found the Group Delay chart an interesting tutorial on the impulse response differences between the box designs - reflex v. bandpass, etc..

the peak is 31.8Hz for my design, reflex sub. :)
Lance Quinn

Jesus always loves us;

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:19 PM »

i found the driver data base is out of date. some famous brands are not there. and the modle No. are different from what they are now ...

is there any patch to update the database ?? or do i need to input data to update

Latest driver database update is 2/23/10. You can enter the TS parameters (either measured directly or from manufacturers' websites) for other drivers and save them into the database.

http://www.ht-audio.com/pages/BassBoxPro.html

Antone Atmarama Bajor

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:56 AM »

the peak is 31.8Hz for my design, reflex sub. :)

The "Peak" or longest Group Delay normally happens at Port tuning.

Jeremy McNichol

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »

Hey Lance, do you rely soley on manufacturers T/S specs or do you measure them yourself? I find supplied specs to be off in quite a few cases.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 25 queries.