ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: PR-35 Wireless?  (Read 12645 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
PR-35 Wireless?
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »

Is anyone using the Heil PR-35 in a wireless set up?  Any experience or suggestions on how to make it happen?
My wireless equipment pretty much qualifies as antique, so I'm up for a new system.  I'd like to use the Heil RC 35 Capsule for a singer I work with.  Ideas?

Mark Sexton

• Sacramento, CA
Re: PR-35 Wireless?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »

Is anyone using the Heil PR-35 in a wireless set up?  Any experience or suggestions on how to make it happen?
My wireless equipment pretty much qualifies as antique, so I'm up for a new system.  I'd like to use the Heil RC 35 Capsule for a singer I work with.  Ideas?

Been using the RC-35 for about the last month with UHFR and am a big fan. We bought them to deal with MC cupping of the mic. There was an article in LSI awhile back on Carrie Underwood that mentioned that they deal with that problem pretty well. So far so good.

What systems are you working with now? I'd give heil a call and see if they are compatible.
Mark Sexton

System Designer/Operations Manager
Alive Media

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »

What systems are you working with now?

I want to upgrade my current system, but the UHF-R system is a little over budget for me.  Any suggestions on who can put together a little more affordable package using the RC-35 capsule?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:24:15 PM by Chuck Simon »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »

I want to upgrade my current system, but the UHF-R system is a little over budget for me.  Any suggestions on who can put together a little more affordable package using the RC-35 capsule?

Did you contact Heil?  What did Bob say?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

The Capsule will fit on any Shure system from the SLX on up...

It will also fit on a Line 6 v70 wireless since they made their wireless compatible with the Shure

I am very impressed with the Line 6 system, and would strongly consider it since it is so affordable, well built, and leaves virtually no room for RF interference being a digital system.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »

. . . and leaves virtually no room for RF interference being a digital system.

I'm intrigued; please elaborate.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

Based on the feedback from others here at the forum and the tech help I received from them, I went ahead and ordered the Line 6 V 70 system with the Heil RC-35 capsule.  Can't wait to try it out!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »

The Capsule will fit on any Shure system from the SLX on up...

It will also fit on a Line 6 v70 wireless since they made their wireless compatible with the Shure

I am very impressed with the Line 6 system, and would strongly consider it since it is so affordable, well built, and leaves virtually no room for RF interference being a digital system.

I am under the impression that they also work with the Sennheiser wireless? Correct me if I got it wrong.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

James A. Griffin

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »

I am under the impression that they also work with the Sennheiser wireless? Correct me if I got it wrong.

I've also been curious as to whether they would work with Sennheiser.     I thought it strange that the Heil website doesn't spell out which systems are compatible.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:39:56 PM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Josh Duke

• Boston, MA
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »

I've also been curious as to whether they would work with Sennheiser.     I thought it strange that the Heil website doesn't spell out which systems are compatible.    Stranger still that when I called the customer service number given on the website, I got voice mail 3 times in one day....

Line 6, Shure, and Sennheiser use the same type of "connection method", and all brands should be compatible unless there are certain models within each brand's offering that have different contacts, etc.

EDIT -

The newer Line 6 is compatible, not the older...

James A. Griffin

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »

I've also been curious as to whether they would work with Sennheiser.     I thought it strange that the Heil website doesn't spell out which systems are compatible.    Stranger still that when I called the customer service number given on the website, I got voice mail 3 times in one day....

Line 6, Shure, and Sennheiser use the same type of "connection method", and all brands should be compatible unless there are certain models within each brand's offering that have different contacts, etc.

EDIT -

"should be" ?   "unless"?      Is there a definite answer out there?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »

Well here's what Line 6 has to say:

" Approved elements include Shure® SM58, Beta58 and Beta 87a capsules and Heil RC-22 and RC-35 capsules. When a third party capsule is used, the internal Line 6 mic modeling is disabled. Performance and level will be determined by the output of the installed capsule. The output from the capsule should not exceed 3.6V"

Sorry, that's about as definite as they get.  Maybe a phone call to Line 6(if you can get through) will help.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »

Maybe a phone call to Line 6(if you can get through) will help.

An email to Don Boomer, who has replied to most Line6 threads, will prove beneficial.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »

EDIT -

I know that my shure capsules do not evan physically fit on my sennheiser ew100 g3 units so the heils would not fir them either, but I don't know about higher end systems. I would guess that all sennheisers are the same though.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 05:47:16 PM »

EDIT -

Answering my own question:   Talked to Bob Heil today.   His capsules work only with Shure and newer Line 6.     According to him,  Sennheiser uses "about 6" different head / thread configurations, making it impractical to produce a head for their units.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:49:01 PM by James A. Griffin »

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »

Well I just recieved my RC-35 for my new Line 6 V-70.  I'll be using it this weekend with a country singer.  I'll let ya' know!

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »

I have been testing my RC -35 and Line 6 V70 together now in the shop and have posted over in the Product Reviews section, but I wanted to say some things about the RC-35 here.  At first, I actually preferred the sound of the Line 6 capsule over the RC-35 for my voice, but with further testing I found the off-axis performance of RC-35 to be just incredible.  I spoke into the back and sides of the mic and was amazed to hear almost no sound!  I have not experienced that much off-axis rejection(is that a term?) with any mic I have tested.  Very impressive!  I'm sure it is going to make a huge difference live with feedback and rejection of stage sound.  Can't wait to try it out!

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:12 PM »

Answering my own question:   Talked to Bob Heil today.   His capsules work only with Shure and newer Line 6.     According to him,  Sennheiser uses "about 6" different head / thread configurations, making it impractical to produce a head for their units.

So why not make one capsule, and a series of adapters?  (I believe that Rat did this so they could use Audix capsules on another maker's transmitter.)

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 12:26:55 AM »

I have been testing my RC -35 and Line 6 V70 together now in the shop and have posted over in the Product Reviews section, but I wanted to say some things about the RC-35 here.  At first, I actually preferred the sound of the Line 6 capsule over the RC-35 for my voice, but with further testing I found the off-axis performance of RC-35 to be just incredible.  I spoke into the back and sides of the mic and was amazed to hear almost no sound!  I have not experienced that much off-axis rejection(is that a term?) with any mic I have tested.  Very impressive!  I'm sure it is going to make a huge difference live with feedback and rejection of stage sound.  Can't wait to try it out!

Keep us posted on your results! I also own the XD-V70, with the stock capsule, and would love to know more about anyone's experience with the RC-35 capsule. Trying to decide whether to invest in more XD-V70 units to get me more wireless channels off the bat, and then look at capsules later... or whether it's worth it to go ahead and upgrade the capsule first. The units are mainly for my production company, but I'm a singer too, which may sway me toward the capsule :) Thanks!

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »

I'm afraid I can't help you much with your decision.  I love the RC- 35 capsule so much I have not really used the stock capsule out in a live situation, so I cannot make an accurate comparison of the two.  But if you really need the additional wireless channels, I say  get more units now and worry about the capsules later. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.