ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PR-35 Wireless?  (Read 12646 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
PR-35 Wireless?
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »

Is anyone using the Heil PR-35 in a wireless set up?  Any experience or suggestions on how to make it happen?
My wireless equipment pretty much qualifies as antique, so I'm up for a new system.  I'd like to use the Heil RC 35 Capsule for a singer I work with.  Ideas?

Mark Sexton

• Sacramento, CA
Re: PR-35 Wireless?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »

Is anyone using the Heil PR-35 in a wireless set up?  Any experience or suggestions on how to make it happen?
My wireless equipment pretty much qualifies as antique, so I'm up for a new system.  I'd like to use the Heil RC 35 Capsule for a singer I work with.  Ideas?

Been using the RC-35 for about the last month with UHFR and am a big fan. We bought them to deal with MC cupping of the mic. There was an article in LSI awhile back on Carrie Underwood that mentioned that they deal with that problem pretty well. So far so good.

What systems are you working with now? I'd give heil a call and see if they are compatible.
Mark Sexton

System Designer/Operations Manager
Alive Media

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »

What systems are you working with now?

I want to upgrade my current system, but the UHF-R system is a little over budget for me.  Any suggestions on who can put together a little more affordable package using the RC-35 capsule?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:24:15 PM by Chuck Simon »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »

I want to upgrade my current system, but the UHF-R system is a little over budget for me.  Any suggestions on who can put together a little more affordable package using the RC-35 capsule?

Did you contact Heil?  What did Bob say?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

The Capsule will fit on any Shure system from the SLX on up...

It will also fit on a Line 6 v70 wireless since they made their wireless compatible with the Shure

I am very impressed with the Line 6 system, and would strongly consider it since it is so affordable, well built, and leaves virtually no room for RF interference being a digital system.

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »

. . . and leaves virtually no room for RF interference being a digital system.

I'm intrigued; please elaborate.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

Based on the feedback from others here at the forum and the tech help I received from them, I went ahead and ordered the Line 6 V 70 system with the Heil RC-35 capsule.  Can't wait to try it out!

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »

The Capsule will fit on any Shure system from the SLX on up...

It will also fit on a Line 6 v70 wireless since they made their wireless compatible with the Shure

I am very impressed with the Line 6 system, and would strongly consider it since it is so affordable, well built, and leaves virtually no room for RF interference being a digital system.

I am under the impression that they also work with the Sennheiser wireless? Correct me if I got it wrong.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

James A. Griffin

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »

I am under the impression that they also work with the Sennheiser wireless? Correct me if I got it wrong.

I've also been curious as to whether they would work with Sennheiser.     I thought it strange that the Heil website doesn't spell out which systems are compatible.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:39:56 PM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Josh Duke

• Boston, MA
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »

I've also been curious as to whether they would work with Sennheiser.     I thought it strange that the Heil website doesn't spell out which systems are compatible.    Stranger still that when I called the customer service number given on the website, I got voice mail 3 times in one day....

Line 6, Shure, and Sennheiser use the same type of "connection method", and all brands should be compatible unless there are certain models within each brand's offering that have different contacts, etc.

EDIT -

The newer Line 6 is compatible, not the older...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.