ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Routing IEMS to stereo A and wedges to stereo B pm5d  (Read 4815 times)

Gary Sharpe

Routing IEMS to stereo A and wedges to stereo B pm5d
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:39:34 PM »

We have a festival coming up and we will be using a pm5d on monitor, we have 7 stereo IEM mixes and 6 wedges plus side fills, We have set up up the board so (stereo A L and R) are set to cue. and (stereo B) is set to monitor.
So the question is how do we now route only the ears to stereo A and only the wedges to stereo B ?
I know this is possible on some other consoles but I am not 100 percent shure if this is possible on the pm5d or not I hope that is enough info but any help would be appreciated
Thanks

John Neil

• SR Forums
Re: Routing IEMS to stereo A and wedges to stereo B pm5d
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »

Hit the utility button to get to the fader assign page.  In the fader assign page, assign the monitor bus level and the cue bus level to the stereo faders...lower right corner.  Use monitor outs for one and cue outs for the other.  Yamaha released manual updates...the last one came out last summer I think.  It's covered there.

Gary Sharpe

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:21:04 AM »

Hit the utility button to get to the fader assign page.  In the fader assign page, assign the monitor bus level and the cue bus level to the stereo faders...lower right corner.  Use monitor outs for one and cue outs for the other.  Yamaha released manual updates...the last one came out last summer I think.  It's covered there.

Hey thank you for the info but we have already done this.
I was on about sending only the ears ears to stereo A and only the wedges to stereo B when bringing them up to listen to a specific mix say the bass players wedges cue it so it only came threw the stereo B channel or say the singers IEM's so it only came threw the stereo A channel we have already set up the routing.
But i have been informed off another forum that this is not do able on the pm5d.
but thanks for the info.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »

Hey thank you for the info but we have already done this.
I was on about sending only the ears ears to stereo A and only the wedges to stereo B when bringing them up to listen to a specific mix say the bass players wedges cue it so it only came threw the stereo B channel or say the singers IEM's so it only came threw the stereo A channel we have already set up the routing.
But i have been informed off another forum that this is not do able on the pm5d.
but thanks for the info.

As you have discovered, there is only 1 cue bus on a PM5D. When cueing ears you will have to turn down the wedge master, and when cueing wedges you will have to turn down (or ignore) the ear master.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.