ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an amp for my EAW sb250  (Read 2688 times)

Shy Clyman

Need an amp for my EAW sb250
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »

Hey guys,
Never posted before, but have learned a lot just by reading, heres whats going on.

I run a small sound reinforcement company (if you could call it that) for some local wedding bands ( and once in a while show) out here in NY.
My rig is as follows.
Presonus studiolive 24
Mains: 4 qsc k12s on cranks
Monitors: 2 k12 and 2 k10s  plus 2 k8s as side fills if needed.

I just got some EAW sb250s which are a huge step up from my powered JBL subs that I was using before.
My question is how to power them? I really dont want anything heavy, ive been looking at the crown xti 6000 to run the 2 subs in stereo at 4 ohms...Is that going to be enough power or is there somthing else that you guys would recommend? Or maybe I can get by with an xti4000?

I would really like to have DSP in the amp bc im getting a driverack260 midsummer and though i could set the crossovers on the xti for the subs and use the built in crossover on the QSCs for now. What do you guys think? Is there another amp that i should be looking at?

Rafi Singer

• Singer Production Company
Re: Need an amp for my EAW sb250
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »

Aren't those subs awesome? They've become such a sleeper these days. I currently own four and it's amazing how much I can do with them, considering how little space they take up!

Currently, I'm using QSC 3402's to power them for the said applications you listed. I am looking for an amp with a bit more headroom at the moment, but the 700w into 8Ω or 1,100 into 4Ω  seems to be doing the job quite well for me, even in concert settings. Though I haven't personally used them, the xti4000 seems to be the right amp for you if you don't want to get the driverack immediately.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need an amp for my EAW sb250
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:45:10 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 24 queries.