ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Replying in the Marketplace  (Read 4003 times)

Darrel Harris

Re: Replying in the Marketplace
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:24 pm »

Fred,
I agree completely to your comments and would like to add my personal view.
Without the Reply feature, the Marketplace has completely lost it's value to me.

DH

While discussion was not allowed in the old market place, it did happen at times and was helpful. It could clarify product features or models etc.

The issue of other people knowing your interested used to be a preference. You could contact privately or publicly. There is no longer a choice.

I am not on as much as others, but did not think that the bumping was gratuitous and thought the moderators did an excellent job of handling it when it was.

I do understand that does make more work for you and the other mods and it is easier just to delete the feature.

Part of the bigger issue is the perspective by those in charge of the value of the market place and it's role in the forum.

There are other ways to handle it than the way that has been chosen, but no matter what way it ends up being there are benefits and detriments to each. Ultimately you have to pick a horse and run with it.

The model has been chosen and until it changes we either use it or move on.

I am sure once the ability to edit is full functional it will help some. I was hoping for a temp solution until that happened.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:40:38 am »

Fred,
I agree completely to your comments and would like to add my personal view.
Without the Reply feature, the Marketplace has completely lost it's value to me.

DH

I have tried to like this new forum but I just lost it when I tried to post a couple of items for sale.
I had some nice pics to include, already resized to a reasonable size, and since the limit was 5, I figure 2 is no problem. Oh, the total of all pics has to be less than 512k? Foo! Five 100k pics are pretty small or lousy images.
So, it posts it anyway with the one pic. Sigh...

Second post it complains that the pic doesn't pass the security check. WTF? I thought this was a pro forum, not the airport. The pic was taken by the same camera as the rest and processed by the same photo processor to make it smaller.

I like the speed here and some of the new features but there are too many hassles. It is much harder to be a participant.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:40:38 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.