ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the VRX918SP for me?  (Read 10148 times)

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
Re: Is the VRX918SP for me?
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »

The VRX is a nice sub, Ive used them a few times here and there. One of the reasons I might choose a KW sub over the VRX is the crossover point.
The KW is at 100hz I believe with a full range out. The K12 has a 100hz filter as well.
On the other hand, if you wanted to use the crossover point and high pass out of the VRX your stuck at 80hz. No problems as long as your top box can dip down that low and Im not sure how the K12 performs that low.
The VRX can also be set at 120hz with a full range out put. So if your using a box like the K12 you will have to use a extra crossover somewhere in the system.

Good point -

What is the general consensus of how the KW181 compares to the HPR181i (which I am quite familiar with).

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »

Good point -

What is the general consensus of how the KW181 compares to the HPR181i (which I am quite familiar with).
I have used the HPR181i and now own KW181s. Since I have not run either of them to the limits I can only say that they both did the job well with my K12s. Of course, the KW181 is 40lbs lighter which helps.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »

OK so more or less you would say the KW is pretty similar to the HPR at least output wise (and I assume quality wise). The 40lbs lighter is a big factor though.

Bob Kenton

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »

I would guess its very similar to the VRX as well. I havent heard them side by side, just kinda judging from other reports about the KW. Both subs are pretty close in size and the spec's are pretty close too.

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »

Yeah I'm sort of guessing they aren't that far apart in terms of output. The KW might be the better choice for me - unless people think the VRX is worth the extra $500?

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »

Yeah I'm sort of guessing they aren't that far apart in terms of output. The KW might be the better choice for me - unless people think the VRX is worth the extra $500?

A big chunch of that $500 is the design for flying the speaker as part of the VRX rigging, sonething you are unlikely to use if teaming with QSC tops.
Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.