ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown iOS  (Read 1509 times)

Bill May

Crown iOS
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:40 pm »

Tad frustrated. 

So the concept of an Crown Amp monitoring system that works on an Apple product is fantastic for be, being that I use OSX/Mac or some form of it on just about every device in my home and in my business. 

When I purchased my I-Techs I learned that I would have to purchase Windows 7 and utilize bootcamp (Bummer) if I were to want to have superior control over my Amps on my Mac..  I had since then had issues with finding drivers for Windows for various components of my laptop including the network card, etc (Not to mention the lack of support in the software for various creature comforts with my touchpad) which made using my laptop at gigs to monitor my amps virtually impossible and/or a huge pain in the ass... Until now.

My issue is I have an iPhone that I can use on my amps' networks, but it is a little small for me.  It is also not in the budget to purchase a pallet or tablet computer just for this purpose.  I have been unable to find if there is support for this software for my actual laptop, or if this is purely for Apple's mobile iOS..

If anyone sees anything I'm missing that might help me out, either with the W7 compatibility issues, or with the iOS/OSX questions and can point me in the direction of some literature to help with the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Bill May
FreQ. Factory

Don Gspann

Re: Crown iOS
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:32:22 pm »

Tad frustrated. 

So the concept of an Crown Amp monitoring system that works on an Apple product is fantastic for be, being that I use OSX/Mac or some form of it on just about every device in my home and in my business. 

When I purchased my I-Techs I learned that I would have to purchase Windows 7 and utilize bootcamp (Bummer) if I were to want to have superior control over my Amps on my Mac..  I had since then had issues with finding drivers for Windows for various components of my laptop including the network card, etc (Not to mention the lack of support in the software for various creature comforts with my touchpad) which made using my laptop at gigs to monitor my amps virtually impossible and/or a huge pain in the ass... Until now.

My issue is I have an iPhone that I can use on my amps' networks, but it is a little small for me.  It is also not in the budget to purchase a pallet or tablet computer just for this purpose.  I have been unable to find if there is support for this software for my actual laptop, or if this is purely for Apple's mobile iOS..

If anyone sees anything I'm missing that might help me out, either with the W7 compatibility issues, or with the iOS/OSX questions and can point me in the direction of some literature to help with the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Bill May
FreQ. Factory

Bill,

Can you be a little more specific about the issues you are having?  I have a 2007 MBP running Win7 with BootCamp, and have not had any issues setting up or monitoring I-techs, USP modules, Peavey, BSS or any other DSP's so far. Not sure why you would need a network card, any Mac that I've seen has an Ethernet jack and usually Airport wireless networking. It would help if you included a description of the hardware you are using.  I can only recommend the usual solutions, make sure you you are using the latest versions of everything and that your network settings are correct.  Also, please indicate what trackpad issues you are having, as my trackpad also works correctly.

Best of Luck. With some additional information, there may be some people here who can provide some solutions.

Don

Bill May

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:29 am »

Bill,

Can you be a little more specific about the issues you are having?  I have a 2007 MBP running Win7 with BootCamp, and have not had any issues setting up or monitoring I-techs, USP modules, Peavey, BSS or any other DSP's so far. Not sure why you would need a network card, any Mac that I've seen has an Ethernet jack and usually Airport wireless networking. It would help if you included a description of the hardware you are using.  I can only recommend the usual solutions, make sure you you are using the latest versions of everything and that your network settings are correct.  Also, please indicate what trackpad issues you are having, as my trackpad also works correctly.

Best of Luck. With some additional information, there may be some people here who can provide some solutions.

Don

I was directly referring to this article on PSW's front page:
http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/factory_direct_a_look_at_monitoring_control_solutions_powered_by_crown/

They (Crown) now have amp software for Apple mobile devices, and I was unable to find out if a version of this software was released OS 10.6, and curious if any of you had any clue, as it would make sense to me for them to do so... 

I can't seem to 'detect' my network card (built-in Airport) when switched over to Windows 7.  I can easily address my amps via a Cat 5 cable from the Wireless modem that I have in my amp rack, but am unable to use my wireless network card (Airport) to do so because Windows 7 doesn't recognize the adapter.  I suppose this is an issue for Microsoft staff, but even the local 'tech' store was of no assistance.

As far as the trackpad, I was referring to the one that is built into our laptops.  As far as creature comforts, I was referring to compatibility issues (ie it doesn't work whatsoever) with multi-touch support, and the fact that trying to use the 'click' behind our touchpad is quite frankly a pain in the ass with Windows 7.  Is anyone very familiar with using the two (OS's)?  Have you found any solutions or ailments to quicken your navigation within Windows 7 via a Mac? 

Don, if your computer is functioning in OSX just as it does when booted in Windows 7, and I'm having these issues, then maybe they used to build them better than they do now, IDK... 

I'm using a 2010 15in MBP, and a 2011 15in MBP, both with 10.6., and Windows 7 (unsure of exact version)..

If what I'm asking doesn't seem to belong on this website, I apologize, and I suppose you can just delete.

Bill May
FreQ. Factory

Don Gspann

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »

Brad,

Unfortunately, just because there's an App for iPod/iPad, doesn't mean there's an OSX app. We are all stuck using Windows, whether on a PC or via BootCamp. Regarding windows not detecting your wireless "card", it will not show up under Windows as an Airport card, but as the actual wireless chip that is in the machine.  On mine it shows up as an Atheros wireless networking device. If you went step by step when setting up your machine with BootCamp, Windows should have detected a compatible card and used it.  You might want to look at your network settings again, without expecting to see an Airport card.  As far as the trackpad goes, in OSX it's under "System Prefs"--"TrackPad" to select what they offer with gestures.  It's limited on mine, I would imagine that yours would have more. In Windows, go to the BootCamp control panel from the taskBar, and again, select the gestures that are available. I would definitely check to see if you have the latest version of BootCamp.  I believe there was an update for the newer MBP's.  From what I've seen, the newer MBP's are built just as well, better even.  My friend has a 15" and a 13".  I'm running Windows 7 Pro, for what it's worth.  For the amount of time I spend in Windows Land it seems to run pretty well. Still Windows!  Hope this helps!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.