ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a problem with the Mackie PPM608  (Read 6089 times)

Dave Potter

Is there a problem with the Mackie PPM608
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »

After trying to buy one of these, I found a pattern of advertising them but having no stock.  A couple of guys actually confessed to not only not stocking the goods that they advertised, but also not knowing when or even IF they would get them again.

On guy said that they had them on back order for weeks, also that Mackie seemed to have recalled them.
Is this true?  Is it technical or logistic? Is this a UK only issue?

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
Re: Is there a problem with the Mackie PPM608
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »

After trying to buy one of these, I found a pattern of advertising them but having no stock.  A couple of guys actually confessed to not only not stocking the goods that they advertised, but also not knowing when or even IF they would get them again.

On guy said that they had them on back order for weeks, also that Mackie seemed to have recalled them.
Is this true?  Is it technical or logistic? Is this a UK only issue?

Based on the complaints on the Mackie message boards about these amps, I would advise not purchasing one. It could be the supply is poor because of problems. There are many reports of the audio cutting out for no reason even at low levels.

Greg
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Dave Potter

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »

Based on the complaints on the Mackie message boards about these amps, I would advise not purchasing one. It could be the supply is poor because of problems. There are many reports of the audio cutting out for no reason even at low levels.

Greg
Thanks.  I shall spend the extra and go for a Yamaha.

Marc Navarrette

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:34:12 PM »

Thanks.  I shall spend the extra and go for a Yamaha.
I have a US made 808S that works well for small gigs. I have heard that the Mackie's had troubles after moving production overseas. Can anyone confirm that?

Gary A. Perrett

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:28 PM »

I have a US made 808S that works well for small gigs. I have heard that the Mackie's had troubles after moving production overseas. Can anyone confirm that?

Oh ya... that was the talk of town around here for quite a while. Lots of VERY disappointed SRM450 (among other components) owners. Bean counters took over and quality took a serious dump. I would assume that a search of the old forum would turn up info on this but suffice it to say that it got pretty darn bad...

I thought some control was returned to those that know audio... I am not a Mackie fan so I can't say if they ever actually got their heads out of the accountants assholes... but sounds like perhaps ...not.

G

Chan Xiang Ju

• XJ Audio and Visual Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:23 AM »

Oh ya... that was the talk of town around here for quite a while. Lots of VERY disappointed SRM450 (among other components) owners. Bean counters took over and quality took a serious dump. I would assume that a search of the old forum would turn up info on this but suffice it to say that it got pretty darn bad...

I thought some control was returned to those that know audio... I am not a Mackie fan so I can't say if they ever actually got their heads out of the accountants assholes... but sounds like perhaps ...not.

G

They are having QC issues. I stopped most of my order for now, too many issues even for stock here in Singapore.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:02:23 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.