Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

LS9 walk-in

<< < (2/2)

Steve Hurt:

--- Quote from: luis Markson on May 13, 2011, 06:34:30 AM ---By sends on fader, does that mean that each fader acts as the "aux pot" for each respective channel, for a selected send or does each fader represent an aux master?

--- End quote ---

There are the 16 buttons to the left of the screen that select the aux. 
When you double push one of those buttons, the board will go into "sends on faders" and the faders become the send for that aux. 

Justin Myers:
Hello

Quite a job on your hands.

Some of the things I do on the LS9 for my own personal preference.

1)  I set the Mix sends to pre EQ for foldback. No need to create second layer to do this. It is under SET UP>MIX. I dont want my Channel eq to be changing my monitors once I've tuned them. Check all the channels have the foldback sends set to Pre as well. These are next to the Send knobs on the screen. You will have to use the cursor buttons. I have never tried setting up a second layer of channels with the same inputs for just monitor purposes. Good idea but I try to keep it simple. When I gain more experience myself I may try it
2) There is a function called "Page Bookmark" for the "user defined keys". It alows you to short-cut any page in the desk to any button. The "user defined keys"  set up is under SET UP>PREFERENCES. I set my Graphic EQs to a button by using the Page Bookmark function. I set The Graphic for Mix 1 on button 1, Graphic for Mix 2 on button 2 and so on. Allows for quicker access, less thinking. I actually use an outboard FOH eq sometimes when I have a lot of mix send Graphic eqs.

3) If the channel count is low enough, I set up a custom layer with my Aux send masters on the top layer. Doesn't sound like you will have this option. Keep in mind when you double press on one of the 16 Mix buttons to get Sends on Fader, the master fader becomes that mixes's master. You can then Cue it to hear that foldback mix or to look for feedback.

Hope this helps.

Justin

Tim Padrick:
I'm sure it's too late now, but: http://www.padrick.net/LiveSound/YamahaLS9ConsoleFile.htm  Scroll down to the description of Scene 290.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version