ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie looking for Advice on Training my Ears and Advancing my mixing technique  (Read 6146 times)

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy

Patrick: I had 2 Bluemax compressors. 1 was on the Kick drum channel. The other on my vocals subgroup (Comp and boost type set up)

I tend to be conservative with compression in live mixes for a number of reasons. On kick I may set it as a limiter but with a high threshold just to keep the odd peak down but not to alter the rest of the dynamics, more of a safety net than a process meant to be heard. If you feel driven to compress the kick a lot you may need more rig than you've got.

Blair Waterous

I tend to be conservative with compression in live mixes for a number of reasons. On kick I may set it as a limiter but with a high threshold just to keep the odd peak down but not to alter the rest of the dynamics, more of a safety net than a process meant to be heard. If you feel driven to compress the kick a lot you may need more rig than you've got.

It wasn't so much that I wanted to squeeze the kick drum to nothing. I think it was more the Bluemax compressor itself, because it was running on a preset.

And I've learned through trial and error to use Compressors more as a safety nets too. I find it makes thing.. less bright? Or thats what I was getting out of my Comps.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.